oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Youngy228 said:

Anyone care to explain the Coulson at right wing back? no logic there

I've watched a few of the u23 games and I've seen Coulson play on the right, granted it was a much more advanced he was asked to play tonight. 

Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

I've watched a few of the u23 games and I've seen Coulson play on the right, granted it was a much more advanced he was asked to play tonight. 

bizarre in my opinion......hes at his best going outside players 

GK - Bettinelli/Stoj

RB - Dijksteel/Spence

CB - Hall/Wood

CB - Fry/?

LB - ?/Coulson

CDM - Morsy/Saville

CM - McNair/Tav/Howson/Wing

RW - ?/Folarin

CAM - ? /Browne

LW - ?/Johnson

ST - Britt/Fletch/?

CB, LB, RW, LW, #10, ST. 

Don't want to hear no budget to get wingers haha, flog one or two of the carbon copy 0 impact centre midfielders we have 

Edited by LewisBoroPalfrey

If we stick with wing backs we are still lacking at left back and a centre back. Need more in midfield and at least one striker. 

That's 4 signings in order to play the formation we are forced to play because of the lack of signings.

There seems to have been a bit of an info blackout. I can’t get anything from my sources. I think whoever we are after we are trying to keep it quiet so we don’t get duped. 

I was told yesterday we are after Zohore, Roberts and George Hirst but whether any of those are Warnock’s number one target I’m not sure.

Hopefully we’ll have some good news tomorrow.

Boro remain hopeful of making at least one addition ahead of this weekend’s Championship game with Bournemouth, with last night’s Carabao Cup defeat to Barnsley having exposed the shortcomings of Neil Warnock’s squad.

Warnock is desperate to sign another central defender and at least one centre-forward before the transfer window closes next month, with Kenneth Zohore still understood to be a live target despite strong competing interest from Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County.

Zohore doesn't ft the bill at all for the permanent deal 'main target' striker we are apparently close to signing not sure where the Echo are sourcing that from because he doesn't fit the younger loan target either.

Edited by Jamie-H
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Some completely random speculation now. The directors box was very quiet today but I did spot these 2. Player and agent? Or just sonme randoms? 🤣

20200915_185509.jpg

My first thought on that picture is it morsys agent 

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Our best 2 centre backs are Djiksteel and McNair. 

Really it's Hall and Fry though.  McNair and Dijksteel would struggle in anything other than a three, and even with the three, it's not like we've looked defensively sound with them playing.  Their second goal tonight came straight down Dijksteel's channel (oo-er) and he was somewhere else.  I suspect we might look a bit more solid with a straight back four rather than the three but who knows.  I'm not really a big fan of playing an extra defender if you believe your defenders to be a weak link.  I think it's counter-intuitive to believe that three (or five) bad defenders instead of two (or four) bad defenders will give you a better side overall.  Far better to play a shape they are most comfortable with, which I would have to assume will be a back four.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)