oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

When you fail to sign one arsenal reject! Move on to the next. I swear someone at the club is running an old version of FM. Sanogo and now Akpom

Akpom doesnt have a poor injury record, scored recently against Ajax in the Champions League, 7 goals and 2 assists in 23 games and 6 goals and 4 assists in 20 the season before isnt exactly bad either.

The greek league isnt a bad one either, Wolves struggled past Olympiacos recently in the Europa League and PAOK beat Benfica yesterday 

Didnt Warnock say we will know by Wednesday? Maybe referring to fact his current club has a game last night. He also said said player wanted to come and reports suggest Akpom wants to come back to England.

38 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

We are still left with the problem of whos going to supply them. It's hardly like Britt and Fletch have been spooning bag fulls of chances. 

Thats always my biggest concern.

We could sign Gareth Bale but he won't get us (many) goals if our midfield isn't working properly.

It's a bit unsettling how bad his stats in England are, but I suppose he's still only 24 coming on 25.

I just think he's a strange choice for Warnock's main target (after losing out on his other main targets), especially when that fee would probably manage to get you a player with better figures.

Listen there are positives with Akpom, because he's English we'll probably always be able to get near enough our money back on him in a worst case and 2.5 million would get you nothing in the Championship/Prem so Warnock probably thinks it's ideal we've got an English striker in with European pedigree for a cheap price relative to domestic alternatives.

He looks like he has a good technique on the ball so the lamppost worries are set aside, he has a bit of pace and strength hopefully that's enough to work with. We might as well be positive about him considering he'll be the only striker contracted to the club next summer, hopefully it's a 4 year deal we sign him to.

He's a strong, direct and pacey lad but he lacks height maybe the loan striker will be for height rather than pace?

• Like 3

Well, it's another body in I suppose. Can't say I'm excited for it as he seems like another one who had potential but it hasn't come to anything. Can't see him scoring more than Brit or Fletcher and I don't really see him coming on and changing a game.

€3million seems like a big chunk of money to spend on this transfer.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's a bit unsettling how bad his stats in England are, but I suppose he's still only 24 coming on 25.

I just think he's a strange choice for Warnock's main target (after losing out on his other main targets), especially when that fee would probably manage to get you a player with better figures.

He played in the championship when he was 18-21, cant really judge him too harshly from that considering most players are in the u23s at that age.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)