oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I do agree with this generally, but when you look at the service from both sides over the last 3 games.. it doesnt really matter how good the players are in the air. Also, we never have more than 1, max 2 players in the box for crosses due to strikers being dragged out wide to try to win long balls.

Plus we are so slow and predictable, its easy for teams to set up to defend against us, even when players do actually manage to find their team mates.

We dither on the ball so long, that any openings there might have been get blocked, so we end up going backwards or sideways. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

One of the telling factors of this team/squad is which player actually excites you on a regular basis when they gat the ball. I cant think of one!

Tav used to do it for me, but the whole team is just so lacklustre now, that you know there is unlikely to be any end product from anyone actually getting forward and beating a couple of opponents. 90% of the time they end up isolated and either lose the ball or are forced to put it out for a corner or throw in.

11 hours ago, p_mards said:

Johnson is an average Championship player. We’re an average at best Championship club because of the poor decision-making at the top of our club. If any serious criticism is to be directed anywhere for us having players not good enough to get us promoted such as Johnson, it should be at Gibson and Gill, and absolutely not at Johnson for playing to the level of an average Championship player.

Its unfair to single out any individual when the team as a whole isn't up to scratch.

If it was just one or two players letting down an otherwise good side, I could understand it.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

One of the telling factors of this team/squad is which player actually excites you on a regular basis when they gat the ball. I cant think of one!

You could have said same about Sheff Utd when they got promoted. In fact you could have also said same about Sheff Utd team who finished 8th in PL last season.

• Like 1

This to me puts in perspective Neil's influence with Gibson, Pulis couldn't convince Gibson to go to 1.7 million pounds for Isaac Vassell and Woodgate couldn't get Puscas/Glatzel sanctioned.

2.75 million on one player is alot of trust from Gibson and for Warnock to spend that big a chunk of his budget on Akpom he must have real confidence that it's good business.