oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

First of all I know we wont get them all. We could though do with a CF,CH,LB,RW,AMF if you were to put the squad faults right. I probably would be happy with three more to be honest.

I’d prefer to see Walker as the 4th striker. As I’ve said before, he needs to sort himself out but hopefully he can.

CB, AM most pressing for me. 

• Like 3

We probably have the best set of strikers in the league. I just hope we don’t let them down with service. Badly need to add some creativity otherwise it’s going to be another struggle to score goals. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’d prefer to see Walker as the 4th striker. As I’ve said before, he needs to sort himself out but hopefully he can.

CB, AM most pressing for me. 

I agree on the two positions you have mentioned but its just that the manager has always said he wants four strikers the final one being a young player on loan. I dont think Walker is going to be the 4th striker because of that.

I’m feeling particularly optimistic today. Warnock said from the very beginning that he needed to strengthen the spine of the team - and he’s achieved that now. I think his comments about Tav and Wing being the creative players in the team was a clear message that we need to address that area and quickly. 
I wonder how much of the transfer kitty is left and how many loans we will need to rely on. Seems like he wants the spine of the team to be permanents and maybe the flair players to be loans. 

There is a poster on here whose username escapes me but every Saturday for several weekends running during this summer he would come on and say "lets hope for a weekend signing".  

To the said poster. Akpom one is for you my friend. Enjoy it.

I know there are huge question marks, but I wonder if Marcus Maddison on a free would suit us (wages dependent). He played his best football at Peterborough when he was played in the number 10 role. 

If we can get him playing football in the form he did at Peterborough we could have a real asset on our hands. 

I know people will point to his time at Hull, but during that spell he was pushed out wide for most of his games.