oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If i tell you this now I am hoping the disappointed will be less for you when it does not happen.

We are NOT signing a winger this transfer window. And you will be lucky if we get a no.10 either. 

Btw i am not itk. I am just repeating what our manager has said several tines in terms of what positions he targeting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did get a number 10 type. Someone they can fit into the current formation, but that adds creativity.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If i tell you this now I am hoping the disappointed will be less for you when it does not happen.

We are NOT signing a winger this transfer window. And you will be lucky if we get a no.10 either. 

Btw i am not itk. I am just repeating what our manager has said several tines in terms of what positions he targeting.

That's fine but a big reason we have lost against Watford and drew today is due to a lack of creativity and a winger with a good delivery because Bournemouth were really poor and a team with a few creative players would have caused them a lot of problems. It's so frustrating cause we're two creative players and a left footed CB away from having a good bloody team.

19 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

This isn't me saying we don't play long balls but people go on like it's our game plan to just throw it forwars and that all our attacks come from just pump it up to the strikers, hence the Akpom can he head the ball comments. Honestly at times I wish we were more direct

Also look at the stats today, we had more possession and played less long balls than Bournemouth

I think Warnock wants us to play as much in the final third of the pitch as possible.  If we can win it back higher up the park, as we did today, then we won't need to be as direct.  If we can't then we will be.  I don't believe that Warnock simply wants us to throw it long over and over again just for the sake of it though, that's not what I'm saying.   Today was maybe the first time we've had a higher pass success than the opposition since Warnock arrived.  That to me is because we completely knocked Bournemouth off their game rather than because our passing was better.  It was still a relatively low mark at 62%.  Essentially, we forced them to play our game.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

That's fine but a big reason we have lost against Watford and drew today is due to a lack of creativity and a winger with a good delivery because Bournemouth were really poor. 

I respect your opinion on how you feel our shortcomings can be addressed. And i agree with you.

However, i feel we are all now wasting our time to say we need x y and z given what Warnock has said. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Just back from the game.

Desperate for some creativity but positive signs are there.

Think we're 3 to 4 players away from having a decent little team.

Set pieces we look shaky on that's for sure.

Crosses are dreadful.

McNair needs to be in midfield has much more of an impact.

Get a left footed CB, a winger and a No.10 and we'll be challenging for playoffs.

Rather than a left footed CB, we should be signing a left back.  We're persevering with a poor left wing back rather than just replacing him with a genuine left back and then moving to 4 at the back, which we could do quite easily.  Then you can add your wingers etc.  It's completely daft to be forced into a system in order to accommodate a poor player, and that's exactly what I think we're doing at the moment.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think Warnock wants us to play as much in the final third of the pitch as possible.  If we can win it back higher up the park, as we did today, then we won't need to be as direct.  If we can't then we will be.  I don't believe that Warnock simply wants us to throw it long over and over again just for the sake of it though, that's not what I'm saying.   Today was maybe the first time we've had a higher pass success than the opposition since Warnock arrived.  That to me is because we completely knocked Bournemouth off their game rather than because our passing was better.  It was still a relatively low mark at 62%.  Essentially, we forced them to play our game.

That's pretty much all I was getting at to be honest, I don't think Warnock has any intention for us to be a long ball side it more came from us not being able to play the game that was asked of us

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Serious question. But what constitutes a long ball in terms as counting for the stats. 
would goal kicks, free kicks clearances. Or is it any ball over a certain distance that doesn’t fall into one of those categories. Also is it a set distance and if so what is that distance

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before I’m just curious 

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Serious question. But what constitutes a long ball in terms as counting for the stats. 
would goal kicks, free kicks clearances. Or is it any ball over a certain distance that Forbes fall into one of those categories. Also is it a set distance and if so what is that distance

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before I’m just curious 

But seriously, it is length of pass, yeah, as I understand it, not sure what the exact distance is, but it's long, as opposed to say, short.  Who is Forbes?

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

That's pretty much all I was getting at to be honest, I don't think Warnock has any intention for us to be a long ball side it more came from us not being able to play the game that was asked of us

I don't think he does it for the sake of it but I do believe we could build up our play differently and be less direct if we wanted to.  It's when you see us playing a lot from back to front that I don't like because we choose to do it if you see what I mean?  When it's not being forced then I think we're doing it and often giving the ball away too cheaply as a result.  I don't think Warnock minds that if we can then pressure them and win the ball back a lot further up the field.  I understand why he wants to do it, it's just not my particular cup of tea.

• Like 1