oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

35 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He has done quite well at League one wether he can make the step up I am not sure. 

The little we have seen if him he hasn't shown anything. But then few people did under Woody. 

Well yeah, that's certainly a worthwhile point to make as well 👍

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Lee. said:

Anybddy feel like catching me up so i don't have to trawl through 105 more pages of thread? 😄

We signed Grant Hall.

Kieffer Moore appears to have a higher opinion of himself than other people do.

Some people live under rocks.

10 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Honestly pay little attention to what fans think about sales.

Clubs im  this country would have expected world beaters when signing Poritt, Morris and Chapman.

Equally though our fans don't have enough of to judge the lad either. He's an unknown, if anyone claims otherwise it says more about them

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We signed Grant Hall.

Kieffer Moore appears to have a higher opinion of himself than other people do.

Some people live under rocks.

I want admin to change my name to Troglodyte.

40 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Again you missed my point. I NEVER MISSED IT AT ALL.

You seem to be having trouble understanding how the basics of football works. i'll break it down a bit for you.

When a club signs players for the team. they are signed to do a job for the team that the manager wants as part of his plan to improve the performance on the pitch. you dont just look at players and sign anyone who is decent and hope it works. so when judging signing of a player you have to consider this.

Example 1: fletcher, signed by monk to play in a front 3. but was useless, couldnt kick straight or trap a bag of cement. Not a decent player infact he was terrible.

Example 2: braithwaite, signed my monk to play in a front 3 left side. but struggled to make any impact at all under him. then later quit on us.  Not a decent player at all.

Example 3: Bitt, signed by monk(forget the fee) to play in a front 3 and score goals. however quickly we realised he is useless, unless he has someone playing with him in a front 2. not a decent player in this situation. a bad player to sign to play as a lone striker, very bad signing. 

to simplify it like you did doesnt make any sense whatsoever. fletcher is a decent player because he's okay player 3 years later ffs man, your mad. he was *** *** when we signed him. shotton has always been ***, christie is still ***. braithwaite is *** and dont even dare say barcelona signed him so must be a decent player lmao. they signed him because they could only sign domestic players and only him they could get. britt has been *** for us to. but thats not all his fault. 

jesus wept, 

i never suggested that you sign a player with the hope that cause hes good it will work, im clearly stating that the players in general were good plays and monk was a bad manager, it's as simple as that. with a decent manager in charge we could have done alot better, as you rightly said when another manager came in we move up the table.

again i make my point, Just cause a manager is bad dosent make the signings bad, for example say Middlesbrough c sign Ronaldo and Messi  to add the squad, but a toddlers is in charge of the team, in  all likely hood the team will do worse due to poor management of being run by a toddler. But nobody argue that signing ronaldo and messi would constitute poor signings, it would be quite obvious that you would blame the toddler in charge. 

Does that make sense? i cant explain it any simpler than that. 

also on the players u mentioned, i agreed fletcher was poor for two season but has proven himself this season. Braithwaite is clearly a good player, his record for boro was 8 in 36 hardly a bad return and even if you dismiss the Barcelona move which i think is daft to do, he is reported to moving to either everton or west ham again highlighting his quality.

Edited by tmcc
15 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Again its opinion, you say Warnock is getting a tune out of them. Well you cant have been watching us v Hull, Bristol City, QPR and Cardiff. I have faith in Warnock though as he has said he needs to bring in players to help the young lads.

you can look at individual games and suggest he didnt get a tune of out them but when looking at the stats in comparison to woodgate its clear he did. the stats dont lie, 1/3rd of our wins this season came in the last 8 games under warnock who had  a 50% win record,  compared to woodgates 22% i think that says it all.
He clearly did something right and also did it all in the space of about 5 weeks. just because it wasnt perfect and there was still bad results dosent mean there wasnt a huge improvement, i mean are you suggesting warnock didnt imporve the squad and overall performances?  Tav and Saville had some of there best games under warnock, assombalonga scored 5 goals in the last 8 under warnock, he'd only scored 6 in the previous 28 games. 

5 minutes ago, tmcc said:

you can look at individual games and suggest he didnt get a tune of out them but when looking at the stats in comparison to woodgate its clear he did. the stats dont lie, 1/3rd of our wins this season came in the last 8 games under warnock who had  a 50% win record,  compared to woodgates 22% i think that says it all.
He clearly did something right and also did it all in the space of about 5 weeks. just because it wasnt perfect and there was still bad results dosent mean there wasnt a huge improvement, i mean are you suggesting warnock didnt imporve the squad and overall performances?  Tav and Saville had some of there best games under warnock, assombalonga scored 5 goals in the last 8 under warnock, he'd only scored 6 in the previous 28 games. 

So how does that explain the losses

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If I wanted this Kinda enertainment i would have thrown a family Reunion.. Come on Guys 😂😂😂

At least it is keeping us entertained on a Saturday afternoon.

No transfer news today so might as well have something to read while i am watching a cup final i am not even bothered about.

No, I am not trolling. I respect everyones opinion and like to understand where they are coming from. You mention the manager as making all the difference. I think its all about the players on the pitch doing their job. You say Warnock has made the difference, and I agree he is a better manager, but if it was all about the manager how was it that we beat Stoke, Huddersfield WBA and Preston over xmas, then drew with Spurs. Surely that application from the players should be repeated every match. I say they arent putting it in, whether they have the talent or not and as a consequence need replacing. 

13 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

No, I am not trolling. I respect everyones opinion and like to understand where they are coming from. You mention the manager as making all the difference. I think its all about the players on the pitch doing their job. You say Warnock has made the difference, and I agree he is a better manager, but if it was all about the manager how was it that we beat Stoke, Huddersfield WBA and Preston over xmas, then drew with Spurs. Surely that application from the players should be repeated every match. I say they arent putting it in, whether they have the talent or not and as a consequence need replacing. 

my previous post answered all your questions,  in that like i said you can look at individual games and come to certain conclusions but i think thats not the best way to do it as this is football and anthing can happen, i.e watford being the first team to beat liverpool and then getting relegated.  I think looking at the bigger picture is the best way to go about it.
Warnock 50% win ratio over a full season would have seen us placed 8th, 
woodgate 22% win ratio, over a full season sees up relegated. 

Also woodgate had been a coach at the club, had spent a full summer and near enough full season in charge, warnock played 8 games in 5 weeks, any improvement in that time is a miracle let alone more than doubling the previous managers win percentage.  
i still dont understand, do you not think things improved under Warnock? thats the crux of this argument.

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

still dont understand, do you not think things improved under Warnock? thats the crux of this argument? 

You are changing the crux. The crux was are the players good enough. I said no, you said yes. I think you are trolling now.  If you want to have a genuine discussion about something I Enjoy the debate. It seems as though you want to win an argument though and keep changing the goalposts to do it. That is something that doesn’t keep my attention. Sorry.

Regarding Ibe, I'd read somewhere that he never really settled in Bournemouth. He wanted to be closer to London.

It all came to a bit of a head summer 2019. The morning he was due to come in for his pre-season (July 30th), he crashed his car at 4am the same morning.

So if Bournemouth is "too far" away from London I'm unsure he'll be tempted to move to us.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)