oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

46 minutes ago, tmcc said:

jesus wept, 

i never suggested that you sign a player with the hope that cause hes good it will work, im clearly stating that the players in general were good plays and monk was a bad manager, it's as simple as that. with a decent manager in charge we could have done alot better, as you rightly said when another manager came in we move up the table.

again i make my point, Just cause a manager is bad dosent make the signings bad, for example say Middlesbrough c sign Ronaldo and Messi  to add the squad, but a toddlers is in charge of the team, in  all likely hood the team will do worse due to poor management of being run by a toddler. But nobody argue that signing ronaldo and messi would constitute poor signings, it would be quite obvious that you would blame the toddler in charge. 

Does that make sense? i cant explain it any simpler than that. 

also on the players u mentioned, i agreed fletcher was poor for two season but has proven himself this season. Braithwaite is clearly a good player, his record for boro was 8 in 36 hardly a bad return and even if you dismiss the Barcelona move which i think is daft to do, he is reported to moving to either everton or west ham again highlighting his quality.

Fletcher proved himself? 

He has barely improved. His tally this year is just under a goal every 4 games, last season it was a the same but he played less. Even in league one it was around that.

He still looks like bambi on ice, is weak as ***, not particuarly fast and is a poor finisher. How many sitters did he miss this season?

11 goals is pathetic esp considering he is the 2nd highest paid at the club now and cost 7 MILLION. We need him gone asap

We could get some from the SPL, Lg1 or a teenager from the prem who cpuld match his stats for less.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

You are changing the crux. The crux was are the players good enough. I said no, you said yes. I think you are trolling now.  If you want to have a genuine discussion about something I Enjoy the debate. It seems as though you want to win an argument though and keep changing the goalposts to do it. That is something that doesn’t keep my attention. Sorry.

i havent changed the goal posts, i think we pretty much went over player quality. we achieved 6th and 7th place finish followed by disaster season with largely the same squad, then once a new manager is brought in with proper credentials we finished the season with a points to game record that would have seen us finish 8th.  i think its fairly clear that the poor management at all levels of the club was largely to blame. we went over that. 

in the last few posts iv made the argument that the uptick in form  again suggests that the players are capable, poor management was to blame for this season. you've then implied the players havnt improved under warnock, i have given you facts to suggest otherwise and now im just asking whether you genuinely think things havnt improved which is the crux of the current point were at.

Edited by tmcc
3 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Fletcher proved himself? 

He has barely improved. His tally this year is just under a goal every 4 games, last season it was a the same but he played less. Even in league one it was around that.

He still looks like bambi on ice, is weak as ***, not particuarly fast and is a poor finisher. How many sitters did he miss this season?

11 goals is pathetic esp considering he is the 2nd highest paid at the club now and cost 7 MILLION. We need him gone asap

We could get some from the SPL, Lg1 or a teenager from the prem who cpuld match his stats for less.

Leave Ashley alone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Regarding Ibe, I'd read somewhere that he never really settled in Bournemouth. He wanted to be closer to London.

It all came to a bit of a head summer 2019. The morning he was due to come in for his pre-season (July 30th), he crashed his car at 4am the same morning.

So if Bournemouth is "too far" away from London I'm unsure he'll be tempted to move to us.

He never settled in Bournemouth after moving from Liverpool because he wanted to be nearer to London? 🙃

Hmm.  I just think he's a bit overrated myself.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Fletcher proved himself? 

That's a view with an agenda, Fletcher has been directly involved in 20 goals this season in 46 games in a low scoring side.

In the championship he was involved in 18 of our 48 championship goals and beyond that you can see the improvement in him. Resorting to concentrating on his price tag proves absolutely nothing beyond Monk taking the *** in transfer deals

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Monk was one of the biggest contributers to creating our unbalanced squad.

Signed 3 strikers when we already had Gestede and Bamford. Then completely omitted one Adama Traore.

I have no idea what Monk was doing, but I'm pretty sure he knew nothing about the existing squad he was inheriting.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Always happens every window. We'll have at least another 367 arguments before the window closes!

im working on a couple as we speak

• Haha 1

This weekend marks 6 weeks until the season starts so can the club kindly keep me entertained by signing one player each week until 12th September. 

I will of course take one mad week of signings. Talking of which does any remember when we signed Reizeger, Viduka and Hasselbaink in the space of 5 days. Great times. Used to have proper press conferences then as well. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Always happens every window. We'll have at least another 367 arguments before the window closes!

at least this one was pretty relevant as far as our "arguments in the transfer thread" go

cant believe we've not sold fry britt and all the young lads yet so we can sign players we hope are better. as for this new player hall makes to much sense to me. we needed a leader and a cb and we signed one. why didnt we sign 5 more average midfielders and play them at cb. thats how its done.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)