oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Depends how you look at it. If we have solid CBs (Hall and Gibson) behind 3 gritty [ish] CMs (Howson, Saville, McNair), then you could hypothetically look to play Spence and Coulson (both a little weak defensively but decent pace offensively) if a 4-3-3.

We'd basically be the Championship version of Liverpool 😉

But I agree that Coulson and Spence do look suited as wing-backs in a back 5.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I cant see us looking at the European leagues for the time being,  especially if players have to potentially quarantine for 14 days.. we don't have the luxury of that time before the season starts 

16 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Imo The problem Coulson has is that he is poor defensively and always seems to get caught out..  And I don't think he is good enough attacking to be am out an out winger. He looks great going forward from deep. I reckon his best position would be LWB but that's only if we play with 5 at the back which I can't see us doing on a regular basis. Hopefully he is working on his defending because if he sorts that out he could be a top player. But if he sees himself as a winger I can't see him lasting very long at this level 

To be fair to the lad though, this was his first season as a LB. He has some good attributes but will need rewiring and with proper coaching would probably understand his defensive responsibilities more. At 22 though he will have to learn them quickly but its not impossible.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

To be fair to the lad though, this was his first season as a LB. He has some good attributes but will need rewiring and with proper coaching would probably understand his defensive responsibilities more. At 22 though he will have to learn them quickly but its not impossible.

Yeh I agree and I hope he does learn because there's definatly a player there 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Think he's always been a LB, hasn't he?

1 hour ago, 2plus2 said:

Don't agree with what Gestede did / said. I half understand the logic of why he's asked for a 6 month extension should he get an injury - it's a protection policy. And I get why some of the other players elsewhere have refused to extend contracts, especially those who have their careers ahead of them and haven't had a stellar deal to date - a footballers career is short. But, end of the day, how much had the club already ploughed into Gestede's pocket - when he's either been unavailable or sh*te prior. He should have given something back to the club that has given him so much, even if that involved a 'risk'. I'd have more sympathy for his demands if he'd contributed ANYTHING previous.

Seriously, what an absolute c*nt.

Correct ! 
Complete wretch 

53 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We need to be looking at European leagues for the bargains. Its about time we had some foreign flair back.

Uhh careful there. Stuff like that is frowned upon on here😉 EFL experience✊

7 hours ago, Borodane said:

Whatever happened to Max Kilman? @Duvel get in the bushes and have a look.

Not sure mate, I think they are still in Europe though so I wouldn't expect to hear anything yet anyway. 

Fulham currently got 4 wide men on their books in knockaert, cavelerio, kamara and kebano.

If they go up and I hope they do i can't help but feel Kamara is a Warnock type wide player in the mendez-laing mould. Season loan perhaps?

• Like 1

Been having a look at that young 19 year old PSG centre back we have been linked with Mbe Soh. I must say he looks quality and it would be a proper coup if he came like. I mean on YouTube he played against Bayern Munich in a friendly at 17 and looked class. video

12 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Been having a look at that young 19 year old PSG centre back we have been linked with Mbe Soh. I must say he looks quality and it would be a proper coup if he came like. I mean on YouTube he played against Bayern Munich in a friendly at 17 and looked class. video

I think it'll just be paper talk, personally

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think it'll just be paper talk, personally

seems like an oddly specific target for it all to be just paper talk? 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)