Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (Akpom signs)

Recommended Posts

Ben Gibson is adamant he wants to come back. 

He doesn't just want to play for Boro, he wants to be in and around Boro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Means sweet FA to be fair. He been at Rockcliffe just as much as any current player has this last year if not more. Plus he regularly there for non footballing reasons.

I know I’m just speculating tbf mate. Just thought it was interesting that he’s at rockliffe when people think it’ll be delayed because he should be self isolating

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Ben Gibson is adamant he wants to come back. 

He doesn't just want to play for Boro, he wants to be in and around Boro.

Be in and around Boro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Ben Gibson is adamant he wants to come back. 

He doesn't just want to play for Boro, he wants to be in and around Boro.

Just get it sorted man!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe its just me but this Ben Gibson melodrama is all starting to turn out a little bit sad and not in a good way for either Boro, Burnley or Ben. Hopefully he pulls his big boy pants on and soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still have a chance with Amos as it is a permanent deal isn't a loan.  The player may still come for the same reason Hall is here as the Boro stand a much better chance than QPR of having a push for promotion. Thus he may still be tempted by us. However QPR is very much the easy option for him stay in London with his friendship support network play for a club he knows. However at 23 his next move is crucial if he wants to be a premiership player thus his ambitions maybe more fulfilled at Boro. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We still have a chance with Amos as it is a permanent deal isn't a loan.  The player may still come for the same reason Hall is here as the Boro stand a much better chance than QPR of having a push for promotion. Thus he may still be tempted by us. However QPR is very much the easy option for him stay in London with his friendship support network play for a club he knows. However at 23 his next move is crucial if he wants to be a premiership player thus his ambitions maybe more fulfilled at Boro. 

Do we stand a much better chance at getting promotion than QPR?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Do we stand a much better chance at getting promotion than QPR?

Was about to say this myself... 😅

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe its just me but this Ben Gibson melodrama is all starting to turn out a little bit sad and not in a good way for either Boro, Burnley or Ben. Hopefully he pulls his big boy pants on and soon.

Listened to the High Performance Podcast with Sean Dyche on Youtube where he talks about his philosophy and demands of players at Burnley. Its hard to believe there is an issue between him and Gibson considering the latter was thought of as a leader when he was here and it’s what Dyche looks for when signing players (Mentality, background, attitude, mannerisms etc)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scotty189 said:

I would say so, there bang average and rely heavily on Eze, who will probably be sold, they have lost Hugil who got majority of goals, and there captain has left for us, If I was a qpr fan I'd be worried about relegation. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with Gibson, he didnt really want to leave in the first place but he moved to a club which was seemingly on the rise and being ran well. It all crumbled for him really and people may view it as a soft option by returning to his comfort zone, but from another perspective you should probably look as it as returning to the club where he was happy, where he was motivated to play and win, where he was mentally healthy. I would be deeply unhappy if I moved jobs and cities only for it all to not work out, not see eye to eye with my new manager, be segregated from my colleagues to the extent I get told just dont come to work, go hang about at your old workplace to keep your eye in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say you shouldn't ever go back, but I'm not entirely sure Ben ever properly left. 

Agree with other posters though that this is all becoming a bit tawdry. God alone how this looks from a Burnley perspective. Imagine if we'd made a Burnley player our record signing, barely played him, and then found out he was hanging out at Turf Moor all the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

They say you shouldn't ever go back, but I'm not entirely sure Ben ever properly left. 

Agree with other posters though that this is all becoming a bit tawdry. God alone how this looks from a Burnley perspective. Imagine if we'd made a Burnley player our record signing, barely played him, and then found out he was hanging out at Turf Moor all the time.

I'd feel sorry for the poor fella! As I do for Gibson. Same as Wheater. Left to help the club and ended up at a Bolton on a huge fall. Both of them put Boro ahead of themselves as far as I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...