oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Britt and Fletch ain't the problem.

The problem is the supply. We need pace, width and creativity on both sides. And have done for too long

This 100%

Hope we're serious about Hoilett and Roberts

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Britt and Fletch ain't the problem.

The problem is the supply. We need pace, width and creativity on both sides. And have done for too long

With a couple of creative players and a good manager we are a top 8 team. 

Do you think we could get promoted with Britt and Fletcher in our team though? I'm not sure. 

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Would people rather have Kieffer Moore or Chris Martin

Martin 11 goals 6 assists in 35 in the league last season, Moore 10 goals 5 assists in 36

Martin. Better player, more proven, probably only be given a 2 year deal as opposed to potentially 4 years for moore so we won't be stuck with him for long after warnock leaves.

A nice bonus would be that Derby fans seemed gutted that he left - signing for us after gibsons thing will annoy them to no end so that'd be funny

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No it wasn't my point.  My point was his age and his record combined i.e. the actual situation we would be in next season.  So a 29 year old who has scored 10 goals twice in a row at this level.  I don't think that compares with the likes of Grabban at all.  Even Wells has a better record than Moore and in all honesty I think there was an element of panic in that buy.  They were chasing the play offs and took a shot that he would get the goals they needed in the second half of the season because they are desperate to try and get up.  I think they ended up paying more than they'd have liked as a result but that's just my opinion.

I said I didn't think we'd find anyone to buy him for at least double and improve what I suspect would be a pretty good contract.  A lot of the players you'd be talking about either have better records or are younger.  That doesn't even factor in any issues there might be with Covid and club's finances now.

so if it wasnt for the release clause, do you think the fee for moore would be 1.8 million still?  surely he would command more and wigan would ask for more, i base this argument of the fact that wigan paid 3 million for him in the first place. 
 based on the fact that wigan paid 3 mil, i said his real value may be closer to 4-5 mil which i think wouldnt be an outlandish price to pay for a 10 goal a season striker, he also had 5 assists, so he played 36 games ( not a full season) so hes scoring or assisting pretty much every other game.  
i just dont think your getting  striker like that for less than 3-4 million these days. 

Edited by tmcc
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

With a couple of creative players and a good manager we are a top 8 team. 

Do you think we could get promoted with Britt and Fletcher in our team though? I'm not sure. 

We went up with Kike here for half a season, Nugent scoring 8 goals, Stuani on the wing and Rhodes who was the worst striker on the ball I've seen 

Difference was we had Adomah, Downing and Gaston 

• Like 3

Not sure why people think Moore would be a replacement for either of our current strikers. I'd say he would be the replacement for Gestede more than anything. We can't go into a season with just Britt and Fletcher as our only senior strikers. So imo it will be Moore, Britt and Fletcher. Maybe not all at the same time or in that order but if we do get Moore that's what I think it will be. 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Would people rather have Kieffer Moore or Chris Martin

Martin 11 goals 6 assists in 35 in the league last season, Moore 10 goals 5 assists in 36

I'd be fairly happy with Chris Martin too, though I think 2 years is the limit for him.

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Not sure why people think Moore would be a replacement for either of our current strikers. I'd say he would be the replacement for Gestede more than anything. We can't go into a season with just Britt and Fletcher as our only senior strikers. So imo it will be Moore, Britt and Fletcher. Maybe not all at the same time or in that order but if we do get Moore that's what I think it will be. 

Because the Northern Echo released an article directly stating he is targeted as Britts replacement, which is why the discussion has sprung up.

• Like 2
Just now, Brunners said:

Because the Northern Echo released an article directly stating he is targeted as Britts replacement, which is why the discussion has sprung up.

The thing is they aint even the same sort of striker. He's more similar to gestede. So I don't see their logic behind it. 

55 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I thought last year when the rumours were there that we would maybe get £8-10m plus Gibson. Now , due to covid god knows where valuations are going. Like you say though, Burnley should be more desperate to shift Gibson than we should be to lose Fry. He hasn’t had a standout season but at 22 I cant think of a CB in the championship with a lot more experience, game time and ability. If we were to get offered £8m plus Gibson it would probably fund the rebuild. So needs must. I would defy any centreback to have played as regularly as he has in so many different formations with so many defensive partners and goalies to have looked standout. There was also a rumour that he wouldn’t leave as well.

Fry refused to leave last summer and in January as he had only just bought a house in Nunthorpe. Not sure if it's still the case but he doesn't want to leave as he's a home boy. Very strange career decision but it wouldn't be the 1st time (Matt le Tissier springs to mind)

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They've done it nearly every transfer window since Britt signed. None of them have a clue, but if you say it enough times eventually it might come true lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

The thing is they aint even the same sort of striker. He's more similar to gestede. So I don't see their logic behind it. 

Could it be that Warnock doesn't want a Britt type player leading the line next season?

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

We went up with Kike here for half a season, Nugent scoring 8 goals, Stuani on the wing and Rhodes who was the worst striker on the ball I've seen 

Difference was we had Adomah, Downing and Gaston 

As I recall we also had the best midfield in the division and a solid defence. 

The way I see it is you can try to build a team around feeding Britt so he thrives or you can play a team that might function More collectively as a whole. Britt has tried to be a more rounded centre forward, I acknowledge he is doing a bit more out of the box than when he came but it just aint him.  For me Moore works across the line well, can hold the ball up to give the midfield a chance to push up and thus allowing the defence not to sit back so much. It is my preference to see the team work as one unit like that. Some like the thought of wingers taking people on and getting it into the box. Its horses for courses I suppose. Having an individual who gets 15+ goals a season means nothing if you dont get anywhere.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Fry refused to leave last summer and in January as he had only just bought a house in Nunthorpe. Not sure if it's still the case but he doesn't want to leave as he's a home boy. Very strange career decision but it wouldn't be the 1st time (Matt le Tissier springs to mind)

Joey Beauchamp was another and Ben Gibson apparently 👍

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

1 minute ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Could it be that Warnock doesn't want a Britt type player leading the line next season?

he said as much didnt he? if Gestede is to be believed Warnock told him that he is the type of player he likes and would be the main man if he stayed. Seems like he wants to build a side a round a commanding target man and Moore ticks all the boxes it seems.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)