oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

So with the Bolingoli thing that makes it a CB, a LB, CDM, GK, ST and at least 1 winger?

That's 6 players minimum Warnock seems to be wanting, if it's a starting LB he's after and he doesn't want to spend any of the budget on it so he might be best looking for a loan there I guess.

Marvin Johnson is a winger with atrocious output g/a wise and he turns 30 later this year he's already given us his prime years and now hopefully he's a rarely started bench player but for that to happen we'd probably need to sign 2 new widemen. I just think we need fresh faces in but I get it you can't guarantee how many new players you can get so you extend Marvin to be safe with numbers in a worst case he's just so average which might be being too kind...

I don't think it's fair to give Marvin Johnson so much flack .. He has done what HE could to be a good servant of the club! 
Yes he is not a good defender, neither good at taking players on .. But come on, he fights and has a good pass/delivery .. 
Funny how some people need a booh boy .. 

If Warnock couldn't use him and/or teach him new tricks, he wouldnt have re-signed him!

• Like 8
Just now, SmogDane said:

I don't think it's fair to give Marvin Johnson so much flack .. He has done what HE could to be a good servant of the club! 
Yes he is not a good defender, neither good at taking players on .. But come on, he fights and has a good pass/delivery .. 

If Warnock couldn't use him and/or teach him new tricks, he wouldnt have re-signed him!

Hes not a boo boy, hes just a terrible footballer.

Guess this means the end for Coulson? If Warnock is willing to play bloody Johnson over him at LB then Coulson is always going to have Johnson cockblocking him this season whether it be starting or coming off the bench. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Or, he's just rubbish and that's what we're pointing out.   Has done nothing for years other than demonstrate he's not good enough.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Guess this means the end for Coulson? If Warnock is willing to play bloody Johnson over him at LB then Coulson is always going to have Johnson cockblocking him this season whether it be starting or coming off the bench. 

This is definitely a concern for me, yes. One of, if not our best player last season, best emerging talent at least, and the lad is gonna get shafted by a Warnock setup, royally pisses me off. I think the only hope for him now is in a role further forward and I'm not convinced that's where his best position is. At least it could keep him playing football and developing though, I guess.

Could repeat this for Spence, too.

• Like 2

Johnson is okay to throw on in the 91st minute when winning but isn't a starter at all and we need to bring in some quality pacy winger's if gonna go anywhere. We still haven't replaced Adomar had years to do this 

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is definitely a concern for me, yes. One of, if not our best player last season, best emerging talent at least, and the lad is gonna get shafted by a Warnock setup, royally pisses me off. I think the only hope for him now is in a role further forward and I'm not convinced that's where his best position is. At least it could keep him playing football and developing though, I guess.

Could repeat this for Spence, too.

Coulson was praised by Warnock in the talksport interview this morning

• Like 1

I don't really care what he says, I'm looking at the facts from his time in charge. He kept choosing Johnson there despite him having constant clangers and all round terrible displays. Why would it all of a sudden change now? I don't think Coulson is a winger but he was a exciting talent attacking wise from lb. Yes he needs some positional coaching but which young player doesn't?

I'd love Coulson to get more game time next season. But there is no evidence to support that really...

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Johnson is okay to throw on in the 91st minute when winning but isn't a starter at all and we need to bring in some quality pacy winger's if gonna go anywhere. We still haven't replaced Adomar had years to do this 

I think I’m in the minority here but I still think Johnson has something to offer if we use him in his correct position.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I don't really care what he says, I'm looking at the facts from his time in charge. He kept choosing Johnson there despite him having constant clangers and all round terrible displays. Why would it all of a sudden change now? I don't think Coulson is a winger but he was a exciting talent attacking wise from lb. Yes he needs some positional coaching but which young player doesn't?

I'd love Coulson to get more game time next season. But there is no evidence to support that really...

He spoke about this though; he thought Coulson was trying too hard and didn't think he was ready for the pressure of the games. If we weren't close to being relegated I think you'd have seen more of him & I think you'll see more of him this season.

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)