oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I'll bare my *** in Binns window if Birmingham finish above Boro next season. 

Dont make me support Birmingham next season mate. I dont want too but your are making me with threats like that

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Was chatting to a Blues fan at work yesterday. They've currently only got about 12 senior players on the books, and they need to add without spending masses as much of the Jude Bellingham deal has gone to pay bills and debts.

Friend will be their first choice left back, when fit, next season. Likely also to be offered better terms than he was here. It's a no brainer for him.

There is no chance of Friend being ahead of Kristian Pedersen at left back who was one of Birmingham’s best players last season. 

• Like 1

Come on, Marvin Johnson can blag his way to a 1 year deal and say the goal is promotion all he likes doesn't make our squad any better than mid table (at best) at the minute. 

If we sign 5-6 good players then yeah we'll be decent but objectively we've got the lowest scoring attack in the league and have lost one of our most creative players

All down to our recruitment team 😶

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Jeremie Bela is quality for them

Villalba is outrageous albeit a little lightweight but had our midfield on strings in the game last season

They're signing Ivan Sanchez on a free apparently 

Them 3 behind Juke are for sure better than Marvin Johnson, Marcus Browne and Tav like 

Who is Ivan Sanchez. So you decided to go pick they best players and compare them like of Browne and Marv Johnson. Latter who played all bar one game as a left back and former who is by no means even guaranteed to be here never mind start a game for us.

If season was starting tomorrow i would imagine it would Fletch Britt and Tav up top and not our current left back.

16 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Jude Bellingham money. Friend is a leader and exemplary professional in the dressing room despite his limitations on the field. Karanka will want his influence in and around the place.

Where is Friend a leader? Not really on the pitch. I’ve loved him and thought he would easily take the step up when we were promoted but he is not a leader. He’s a nice guy on the pitch but not a patch on Leadbitter as captain. 

• Like 1
Just now, Borodane said:

There is no chance of Friend being ahead of Kristian Pedersen at left back who was one of Birmingham’s best players last season. 

He might be off apparently. Had significant interest from the lower end of the PL and abroad - and Friend signing would suggest there's some truth in that. Birmingham fans seem quite resigned to him going. Good LB though - would be the icing on the cake if he can improve his crossing a little.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Where is Friend a leader? Not really on the pitch. I’ve loved him and thought he would easily take the step up when we were promoted but he is not a leader. He’s a nice guy on the pitch but not a patch on Leadbitter as captain. 

Different types of leader. But Friends professionalism and personnel high standards makes him a leader. 

But I really can’t be ar**d having this conversation again 😖 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Who is Ivan Sanchez. So you decided to go pick they best players and compare them like of Browne and Marv Johnson. Latter who played all bar one game as a left back and former who is by no means even guaranteed to be here never mind start a game for us.

If season was starting tomorrow i would imagine it would Fletch Britt and Tav up top and not our current left back.

I picked their attacking players behind the striker and compared them to our current ones? 

Fletch and Britt are better strikers than Juke in my opinion, but he did outscore each of them probably thanks to Bela tbh 

Seems like Karanka has a blank canvass to go in at Birmingham and recruit players to suit his style of play. Maybe not for this season, but I’d back him to build a top 10 team in the next 3 seasons. 

How he improved average players into league leaders through his coaching cannot he under valued in modern football. 

The sign of a good coach is making players individually better and the team effective, Karanka has done this. 

20 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Jeremie Bela is quality for them

Villalba is outrageous albeit a little lightweight but had our midfield on strings in the game last season

They're signing Ivan Sanchez on a free apparently 

Them 3 behind Juke are for sure better than Marvin Johnson, Marcus Browne and Tav like 

I assume you mean fran villalba there. The man that had one goal contribution in 17 games before being loaned out to the Spanish second division. Not how I would define outrageous...

Ivan Sanchez also played in the Spanish second division last season and picked up more yellow cards than he had goal contributions. Says it all really. 

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

Different types of leader. But Friends professionalism and personnel high standards makes him a leader. 

But I really can’t be ar**d having this conversation again 😖 

I wonder if he's gonna have the same effect in a brand new dressing room as he does here. One last challenge for him though, you'd suspect. I've no doubt he feels he's got enough to offer another season or 2 at this level.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder if he's gonna have the same effect in a brand new dressing room as he does here. One last challenge for him though, you'd suspect. I've no doubt he feels he's got enough to offer another season or 2 at this level.

He might feel he does, but he legs say otherwise. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)