oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Stokes signings are typical Stoke signings that you would expect them to make and very short term. They are an awful team and i was hoping they would go down.  

One thing with Warnock is he will really look into our targets and not sign them for the sake of it. He knows what we need and i do trust him.  I remember Aitor saying if you make a signing he has to make the team better or improve the squad so its vital we sign players like that. It's just very interesting with so little money and so many free transfers around. We're definitely into a new era now. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Stokes signings are typical Stoke signings that you would expect them to make and very short term. They are an awful team and i was hoping they would go down.  

One thing with Warnock is he will really look into our targets and not sign them for the sake of it. He knows what we need and i do trust him.  I remember Aitor saying if you make a signing he has to make the team better or improve the squad so its vital we sign players like that. It's just very interesting with so little money and so many free transfers around. We're definitely into a new era now. 

Are you confident that we will go into next season with the signings Neil Warnock wants? I’m not. We are skint. Can guarantee 90% of our signings will be free agents or loans. Our signings will  also be short term signings like Stoke’s.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Are you confident that we will go into next season with the signings Neil Warnock wants? I’m not. We are skint. Can guarantee 90% of our signings will be free agents or loans. Our signings will  also be short term signings like Stoke’s.

I see you are in the acceptance stage, things get easier from here! 

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I think we may miss out on a few, but what concerns me is do we have the ability in our scouting department to scout back ups that are just as good as the first choice? . I'm sure Warnock will also be using his contacts and agents which he has stated. Ours will be free agents aswell as you point out but there is a difference signing someone like Grant Hall who is 28 than Jon Obi Mikel or James Chester who are well in there 30's. If you look at our linked list were going for players who aren't at the end of the careers.  I didn't want Moore but he was 28 and look at Steven Fletcher who has gone to Stoke he is 33. I'm inpatient and want signings but I'm not wetting the bed as this transfer window is very unique and different. All I want to see is a team assembled that can do what Warnock asks of them and delivers. We are in a new era bar Fry and Mejias all of Karanka's signings have gone now. It's time to find a new core of players to build around. 

We nearly went down and my expectations have lowerd massively now. That's not to say i want to be mid table of course i want to be challenging for promotion and we should be but the whole club has to be in sync to move forward. I think Warnock will do alright for us. 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Aren’t 80% or 90% of championship clubs in same boat, though? Even those with parachute payments don’t seem to be too well off, maybe apart from Norwich.  Certainly bOurnemouth, from what was said earlier appear broke and I can’t see Watford having much money. 
if the players Warnock might have wanted originally were going to cost more than we could afford, then they couldn’t be signings he still wants and expects. He will have gone through finances before agreeing likely targets and probable costs. We wouldn’t have agreed a fee for Moore if we were totally skint. I mean, I agree we will have little money, but I suspect, unless SG has really switched tsps off, we will have a bigger budget than an awful lot of other clubs in league.

fact is all clubs have reduced spending drastically and I think a lot of players - or agents - haven’t yet woken up to, or at least accepted, the true reality. Clayton and Ayala are probably examples of that, given lack or rumors about any clubs after them. Remember they are not earning at all currently, yet you would assume their agents are busy touting them around.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, thomas said:

Cmon bring Chris Gunter in already Warnock, hes a good solid right back at this level on a free transfer, even if you kept him as a no 2 at right back and played Spence because he can also play Lb so would be good replacement for Friend as well. 

Gunter is pretty poor and hardly young. Seen him play a lot for Reading. 

Anyone see the Gazette article of the championship players who are no free agents? Plenty of defenders and midfielders on the list, but very few wingers/attackers. Very few standout players in my opinion, but there are a few worth a look (if wage demands are sensible).

Tyler Blackett (Left Back)

Naby Sarr (Centre Back)

Mike Van Der Hoorn (Centre Back)

Kevin Stewart (Defensive Midfielder)

Chris Martin (Forward)

Lyle Taylor (Forward)

Surprised to see Danny Loader (Reading) on the list as he was linked with moves to Prem clubs last summer. But had massively dropped off.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)