oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

But we also know where most of the blame of that comes from, firmly on the shoulders of a rookie manager hopelessly out of his depth. Plus no one is saying be like Wigan, we need to assemble a squad that the team can out perform the sum of its parts

I know nobody is saying be like Wigan, it was the suggestion that we look at about half a dozen of their players I was referring to, all on the basis of a good run of form that has lead to them having a slightly better season than us.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know nobody is saying be like Wigan, it was the suggestion that we look at about half a dozen of their players I was referring to, all on the basis of a good run of form that has lead to them having a slightly better season than us.

And what’s the problem with that? I would hope that we’re looking at half a dozen players from every club in the football league. From possible loans from big premier league up and come youth right down to that diamond in the lower league rough so to speak. 
what is obvious tho, is we need to be a helluva lot better at it than recent form dictates

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

And what’s the problem with that? I would hope that we’re looking at half a dozen players from every club in the football league. From possible loans from big premier league up and come youth right down to that diamond in the lower league rough so to speak. 
what is obvious tho, is we need to be a helluva lot better at it than recent form dictates

I suppose the problem with that is, as I've already explained, that they might not actually be better than we already have.  Wasn't really a big deal, just saying.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I suppose the problem with that is, as I've already explained, that they might not actually be better than we already have.  Wasn't really a big deal, just saying.

I understand and fully agree with you. But the advantage we have now is a manager that could get the right players not necessarily the best and get the team to perform better than the sum of its parts (fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 1

We should be all over Kipre, I hope we've at least enquired.

And yes, if we do stay up we're very well placed financially compared to a lot of other clubs.

(By that I don't mean we've got money, just that other teams are even more *** financially than we are!)

I'd take Chey Dunkley on a free add a bit of pace to the middle of our defence his contracts up, QPR are paying more for Kieffer Moore than what Aberdeen are trying to flog Cosgrove for given the choice between the 2 I'd take Cosgrove any day.

A slight worry about Warnock and his history of transfers is he loves signing a player or two from his previous club/clubs so there's a scale to that if he gets us Danny Ward on a free great business but if he starts chucking bids in for Greg Cunningham I'd be worried.

Charlton are under an embargo and can't offer contracts to their senior squad players that are expiring, they are:

Ben Amos (GK)
Lewis Page (LB)
Adam Matthews (RB)
Naby Sarr (CB)
Jake Forster-Caskey (CM)
Jonny Williams (AM)
Tomer Hemed (ST)

Any names there anyone would want?

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Charlton are under an embargo and can't offer contracts to their senior squad players that are expiring, they are:

Ben Amos (GK)
Lewis Page (LB)
Adam Matthews (RB)
Naby Sarr (CB)
Jake Forster-Caskey (CM)
Jonny Williams (AM)
Tomer Hemed (ST)

That Bonne lad has looked very good. Names above are a no from me

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Ben Amos (GK)
Lewis Page (LB)
Adam Matthews (RB)
Naby Sarr (CB)
Jake Forster-Caskey (CM)
Jonny Williams (AM)
Tomer Hemed (ST)

If we had a manager who played an attacking 4231 style I'd take Williams and Caskey but the obvious standout is Naby Sarr he has the height we need he's close to 6 foot 5 he'd be perfect Ayala replacement.

42 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Ben Amos (GK)
Lewis Page (LB)
Adam Matthews (RB)
Naby Sarr (CB)
Jake Forster-Caskey (CM)
Jonny Williams (AM)
Tomer Hemed (ST)

Has the embargo just happened or has it been in place a while?

I dont think I would take anyone from Charlton. We apparently signed their best player last year and I dont think he has improved us yet.

3 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Has the embargo just happened or has it been in place a while?

I dont think I would take anyone from Charlton. We apparently signed their best player last year and I dont think he has improved us yet.

Don't know, just know that Bowyer announced it today.

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We should be all over Kipre, I hope we've at least enquired.

And yes, if we do stay up we're very well placed financially compared to a lot of other clubs.

(By that I don't mean we've got money, just that other teams are even more *** financially than we are!)

West Ham have apparently registered an interest in him with Moyes supposedly keen on him. That doesn't mean thats where he ends up but if Premiership Clubs are sniffing around him  can't see him being excited by another struggling Championship Club.

33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Seems like the foundations of the EFLs top league is built on sand. Wigan, Birmingham, Derby, Sheff Wed, Charlton and goodness knows who else, yet little Barnsley who seem to do things the right way are the ones most likely to be punished by relegation. I think it was similar last year with Rotherham, the only team to make a profit and were relegated.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Brunners said:

Its unclear. The new owners took over in jam but didn't provide proof of funding. Theres been an investigation on going since then. 

They are now a other club the EFL will not a statement about until after the season. 

Absolute mess.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)