oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

23 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I’d love to see in depth stats for Coulson and Spence for this season. Whilst I think they have done a good job travelling with the ball and relieving some pressure, I don’t actually know if they have had much of an impact going forward in terms of assists and accuracy. 

That’s not to say that they are bad, as I understand it’s their first breakthrough season, but I’d like to see more end product from wingbacks going forward. 

I don’t have any stats for you but I do know that our best period of the season coincided with the period that both Spence and Coulson were in the starting line up. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

My belief is that none of our younger players should be written off after playing under Woodgate for most of the season.

It’s clear as day that there is a lot of talent in Coulson and Spence and a season under Warnock in what will inevitably be an organised side with a clear game plan and hopefully a few more experienced players helping them is just what they need to really kick on. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

My belief is that none of our younger players should be written off after playing under Woodgate for most of the season.

It’s clear as day that there is a lot of talent in Coulson and Spence and a season under Warnock in what will inevitably be an organised side with a clear game plan and hopefully a few more experienced players helping them is just what they need to really kick on. 

My main issue with Spence and Coulson is their fitness they both fade pretty badly past 70 minutes in games might be down to Woodgate's amateur pre season training not preparing them adequately might also be that they haven't been guided to work on their cardio enough but that's an issue if we're ever going to be a serious team in this division with them in it they have to build up their physical fitness and fill out into men.

If we're playing 4 at the back Warnock would obviously prefer 6 foot fullbacks with reliable delivery and engines than Spence and Coulson in my opinion. Problem with our youngsters is not alot of them are up to the physicality that'll be required every game next season under a Warnock regime unless they show otherwise in a short pre season I worry for them and the opportunities they'll get with us.

• Like 1

How is the 19yr old French left back we got from Sunderland during the break looking? 

There were some decent highlights of him in the friendlies, but obviously he's been ineligible for this seasson. 

Any inside news? 

6 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

My main issue with Spence and Coulson is their fitness they both fade pretty badly past 70 minutes in games might be down to Woodgate's amateur pre season training not preparing them adequately might also be that they haven't been guided to work on their cardio enough but that's an issue if we're ever going to be a serious team in this division with them in it they have to build up their physical fitness and fill out into men.

If we're playing 4 at the back Warnock would obviously prefer 6 foot fullbacks with reliable delivery and engines than Spence and Coulson in my opinion. Problem with our youngsters is not alot of them are up to the physicality that'll be required every game next season under a Warnock regime unless they show otherwise in a short pre season I worry for them and the opportunities they'll get with us.

Joe Bennett started the same and warnock eventually bought him, so there is a chance 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

I think Warnock has already decided he's not good enough. Marv did well going forward but at times was very poor defensively, giving free-kicks away etc.. And still Coulson didn't get a sniff. He played left back once as a sub under Warnock? 

Noticed he's been linked with a perm to Oxford today so the club is probably trying to sell him.

Warnock repeatedly said in interviews that he thought Coulson was clearly talented but he felt he was trying too hard and in the current position wanted more experience in Johnson. Hardly seemed like writing him off, equally lets not forget Warnock only managed us for 8 games. 

In regard to Browne, he's been linked because the Oxford manager has came out to say he wants to buy him, so probably wrong to presume we are trying to sell

5 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

TeamTalk reporting we are after Morgan Fox again. 
Left back, free agent. 
Anyone know anything about him? Seems he’s had a decent enough championship career.

Warnock style full back, defender first and foremost. Basically the opposite of Coulson and Spence so gives us another option and available on a free. 

26 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

If Warnock stays, then I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a move for Nathaniel Clyne.

Free agent who has had quite a few personal problems recently. Got a Warnock signing all over it.

He loves a project. 🤗 

• Haha 1

Let's get the ball rolling with who we want coming in assuming warnock stays. 

First 3 for me:

Joe Hart

Ben Gibson

Puscus from reading, probably not realistic this one but Warnock did say he was a target for Cardiff. 

If we sell Britt surely have to go all out for Ivan Toney imo

I'd take a punt on Lawrence Shankland if not 

Need 3 players who can play out wide or behind the striker for me, Patrick Roberts on loan, someone from abroad like that Mustapha Bundu then someone like Lubala or Williams from league 2 wouldn't cost much

Physical DM like Mpanzu from Luton, not sure if he's out of contract or not

Gibbo, another CB and LB 

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

If Warnock stays, then I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a move for Nathaniel Clyne.

Free agent who has had quite a few personal problems recently. Got a Warnock signing all over it.

Can't see Clyne coming here. He's still good enough to play in the Premier league.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)