oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

23 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Can't see Clyne coming here. He's still good enough to play in the Premier league.

Plus his wage demands will be way too high, plus do we need a RB? We already have Spence and Djiksteel 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Squad as it stands:

GK: Stoj, Pears, Mejias

DR: Dijksteel, Spence

DL: Coulson, Bola

DC: Fry, Wood (Friend*)

MC: Saville, Howson, McNair, Wing

ML: (Johnson*)

MR: Browne

AM: Tavernier

ST: Britt, Fletcher

Looking at that, I feel that our priority needs to be CB and wingers. We could probably do with 2 CBs and 3 wingers, a couple of which can also fill in for AM/ST. 

After that, we could probably do with bringing in a left back (depending on Warnock’s opinions of Coulson and Bola and whether either or both of Friend and Johnson stay on). 

Personally I would then like to see us freshening up the midfield. Sell Wing/McNair and bring in someone with a bit more impetus.

If Britt goes, we will obviously need to replace him too but at the moment that is way down our list of priorities. 

I’m seeing quite a few goalkeepers and right backs mentioned on here but, personally, I think those are the positions that we are currently strongest. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Squad as it stands:

GK: Stoj, Pears, Mejias

DR: Dijksteel, Spence

DL: Coulson, Bola

DC: Fry, Wood (Friend*)

MC: Saville, Howson, McNair, Wing

ML: (Johnson*)

MR: Browne

AM: Tavernier

ST: Britt, Fletcher

Looking at that, I feel that our priority needs to be CB and wingers. We could probably do with 2 CBs and 3 wingers, a couple of which can also fill in for AM/ST. 

After that, we could probably do with bringing in a left back (depending on Warnock’s opinions of Coulson and Bola and whether either or both of Friend and Johnson stay on). 

Personally I would then like to see us freshening up the midfield. Sell Wing/McNair and bring in someone with a bit more impetus.

If Britt goes, we will obviously need to replace him too but at the moment that is way down our list of priorities. 

I’m seeing quite a few goalkeepers and right backs mentioned on here but, personally, I think those are the positions that we are currently strongest. 

Definitely need a keeper, hart would be my pick. Pears is decent enough put but plenty of room for improvement. 

Just wondering about Marcus Maddison. I know he joined Hull on loan in January but didn’t seem to set the league alight as far as I know. He left before restart, not sure if that was because he wasn’t very good, he didn’t have the heart for the fight or because he didn’t want to risk injury when he was looking for a new contract.

Anyone know how he did for Hull? Any glimpses of potential at this level.

Could he be worth a punt on free transfer and working under a strong experienced manager like Warnock (helpfully 🤞) to keep him on track?

17 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Definitely need a keeper, hart would be my pick. Pears is decent enough put but plenty of room for improvement. 

Surely a keeper is at the very bottom of the priority list though? And what does Hart have that Stoj doesn’t? Both very good shot stoppers but both very flappy under high balls and crosses. I also think Hart will have much better offers than us on the table, based on reputation, rather than ability, so I would be shocked if he ended up here. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Surely a keeper is at the very bottom of the priority list though? And what does Hart have that Stoj doesn’t? Both very good shot stoppers but both very flappy under high balls and crosses. I also think Hart will have much better offers than us on the table, based on reputation, rather than ability, so I would be shocked if he ended up here. 

Thought Hart was planning a move to Celtic? 

47 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Jordan Obita has left Reading, would anyone sign him? He plays left back. 

@Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die. He a left back in conventional sense or a left wing back?

Think we got enough of the latter. Need a proper left back in the George Friend mould when he first signed. I feel Morgan Fox is that man based on who we been linker with so far

If Warnock does agree to be manager at least the window is open until October. That will give him a bit more time to assess the likes of Stubbs, Wood and Bola.

GK- it is a vital position but I dont think either of them have cost us points as such. They have made some very vital saves that have helped us win some though. Both inexperienced and I think will improve. Pears is out of contract according to Transfermarkt.

RB- I think he will stick with Dijksteel and Spence

LB- Definitely need a first choice left back. I am not convinced on Bola even as back up, but again to be fair I haven’t seen a great deal of him. Warnock and his team may be able to get a tune out of him. I dont know what Coulsons position actually is. I think he could be an excellent genuine left back with an attacking presence ahead of him. He was probably being asked to defend as well as attack this season so was bound to get caught out. Again, Warnocks team might be able to coach him as a genuine left back.

CB- Definitely need a voice and physical presence. Captain material. If Friend and Fry stay then its up to Warnock to decide if Stubbs or Woods could step up. If not we possibly need another as Friend and Fry in the past have had injury problems.

Midfield - Would like to see a voice and effective box to box type. Being amongst the lowest scorers for the past 2 to 3 seasons we have to change some elements here.

Forwards - We are short up top. Again added physicality and a nuisance type would give us options.

As I have said before, I really wouldnt be bothered if all the senior pros left, other than friend but thats not the way its done so for me the minimum for next season would be 

LB,

1 or 2 x CB

1 CM

1 Pacy Winger

2 Forwards

Of the linked ones I have never seen fox play, but I do like the physicality and nuisance factor of Moore. I would also like to see Danny Ward from Cardiff as he would be on a free.

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Jordan Obita has left Reading, would anyone sign him? He plays left back. 

I liked him as a player - then a bad injury came and I can't remember seeing much of him since? More of a forward thinking FB, which we already have in Coulson.

50 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Stoj's positioning is awful, and flapps and most, decent shot stopper but so is mejias and we wouldn't have him as number 1

For me I'd look at potential outgoings of Johnson, Britt and Saville (Obv Rudy, Shotton, Ayala, Clayton, already gone) and a target of:

GK - Good enough and still learning/adapting 

CB - Gibbo & 1 other - Key to get a bit of strength and someone who is vocal at the back with Fry (Not adverse to Friend staying as 3rd choice)

LB - 1st team replacement & Coulson

RB - Dijksteel & Spence

CM - Howson back in preferred position with Wing, Tav, McNair all available. Although lower priority someone who can add more creativity would go a long way

LW/RW - Roberts back on loan and Tav/Spence able to adapt but still probably looking at x2 more

ST - x1 replacement to Britt who offers something different with possibly Fletcher being the key man next season. 

Edited by FamilyBoro
12 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Stoj's positioning is awful, and flapps and most, decent shot stopper but so is mejias and we wouldn't have him as number 1

Are you Neil Maddison by any chance? I don’t think Stoj is as bad as you are making out. Yes, you could probably get better but in my opinion he’s a decent enough Championship keeper and Pears and Mejias are adequate backups. I just think that when you look at our squad, goalkeeper is probably the least of our worries. 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)