oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

All the players still on the App squad list which surprised me. But if they are updating and some have gone it probs does indicate some players may be staying.

If Friend and Marv are happy to take say £5k a week it's maybe cheaper than bringing in an alternative.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

It probably will be as a squad member. Warnock obviously trusts him and maybe having a coach that gives him some belief he will do ok.We need a lot of players with limited funds so whilst it may disappoint some it probably makes some sense.

Definitely. It helps he can seemingly play LWB, LW, RW and at a push LB. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Definitely. It helps he can seemingly play LWB, LW, RW and at a push LB. 

Plus, he is a left footer. We dont have loads of them and it can help balance things a bit.

41 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Who has been our worst/least effective player this season?

Would anyone disagree with Nmecha? Literally no idea what his purpose is.

Marc Bola wins that for me. Why did woody even think about signing him? 

Free Agents I think we'll look at or should look at

Defenders - Chris Gunter, James Chester, Morgan Fox, Alexander Milosevic, Mike Van Der Hoorn, Scott Dann, Adrian Mariappa, Tyler Blackett and Naby Sarr

Midfielders - Markus Henriksen, Jordan Ibe, Jonathan De Guzman and Sammy Ameobi 

Forwards - Lyle Taylor, Danny Ward, Borja Baston, Elias Kachunga, Omar Bogle, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Fernando Foriestieri and Oumar Niasse 

7 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Free Agents I think we'll look at or should look at

Defenders - Chris Gunter, James Chester, Morgan Fox, Alexander Milosevic, Mike Van Der Hoorn, Scott Dann, Adrian Mariappa, Tyler Blackett and Naby Sarr

Midfielders - Markus Henriksen, Jordan Ibe, Jonathan De Guzman and Sammy Ameobi 

Forwards - Lyle Taylor, Danny Ward, Borja Baston, Elias Kachunga, Omar Bogle, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Fernando Foriestieri and Oumar Niasse 

Certainly like Danny Ward. Ibe has a Derby County red 32 sponsorship written all over it.

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Certainly like Danny Ward. Ibe has a Derby County red 32 sponsorship written all over it.

Think we'll probably end up with 4-5 free agents this window, I'd take a few from that list especially the defenders

Chester, Fox, Blackett, Ibe, Ameobi and Ward realistically?

5 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Think we'll probably end up with 4-5 free agents this window, I'd take a few from that list especially the defenders

Chester, Fox, Blackett, Ibe, Ameobi and Ward realistically?

I cant really say I know much about them tbh. Did we have Ameobi for a spell here?I do think there is a risk of wage inflation which may rule us out of some. Most frees with a decent pedigree are going to be in demand. I am quite intrigued at how we will approach this window and how the squad develops with everything thats going on. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

The free agent pool is actually pretty deep we're all just looking in England but there's some decent players available in Europe as well like Schwaab from PSV he'd do a job in the Championship. Nouha Dicko wouldn't be the worse signing either add a bit of pace to our frontline scored 1 in 4 in the Eredivisie and can play wide just been released by Hull with Henriksen, Toral etc. Even in League 1 Duncan Watmore's available on a free the lads always had talent it's whether the injuries he's had have destroyed his pace.

If we have 8 gaps in our squad I don't see why 4-5 of those gaps couldn't be filled by smart freebies then split the budget of 5-6 million between 3 players and I'd wager we'd have a more balanced and competitive squad all for the cost of 1 Paddy McNair.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

The free agent pool is actually pretty deep we're all just looking in england but there's some decent players available in Europe as well like Schwaab from PSV he'd do a job in the Championship. Nouha Dicko wouldn't be the worse signing either add a bit of pace to our frontline scored 1 in 4 in the Eredivisie and can play wide, even in League 1 Duncan Watmore's available on a free the lads always had talent it's whether the injuries he's had have destroyed his pace.

If we have 8 gaps in our squad I don't see why 4-5 of those gaps couldn't be filled by smart freebies then split the budget of 5-6 million between 3 players and I'd wager we'd have a more balanced and competitive squad all for the cost of 1 Paddy McNair.

Víctor Ruiz is a good, strong, leading CB. Sinan Bolat is a very decent keeper too. Robert Mak would add some natural width that often looks to play forward. 

Not many realistic names there worthy of building a team around, but some solid players who would do a good job at this level and likely command lower wages than their British counterparts. 

• Like 1

I can't believe we haven't been linked to Grant Hall yet he's 28, 6 foot 3 decent scoring record for a CB, was QPRs club captain and has been confirmed to have left them, he seems ideal for what we need probably would be on similar wages to Ayala he could be our Morrison/Bamba type to command our backline.

Leo Lacroix the 6 foot 6 'long term' target we tried to sign under Pulis when Gibson left is also a free agent now might rekindle that interest if Warnock's going to go with who we have already heavily scouted.

Edited by Jamie-H
22 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I can't believe we haven't been linked to Grant Hall yet he's 28, 6 foot 3 decent scoring record for a CB, was QPRs club captain and has been confirmed to have left them, he seems ideal for what we need probably would be on similar wages to Ayala he could be our Morrison/Bamba type to command our backline.

Leo Lacroix the 6 foot 6 'long term' target we tried to sign under Pulis when Gibson left is also a free agent now might rekindle that interest if Warnock's going to go with who we have already heavily scouted.

I dont think we will be offering ayalaesque contracts for quite a while though.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)