oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Burley will want to recover most of their money. If we get him quickly then I think we’ll be spending a lot of money.

The problem is that what Burnley paid for him and their subsequent poor management/handling of him means that his value has crashed but will Burnley accept that or will they still hold out for serious money?

His lack of suitors tells its own story. They apparently still owe us money on him and maybe to the point where what they owe is actually more than his current value which makes things even more complicated. Then with Boro having shifted big wage earners out of the door there is his salary which is rumoured to be at least £40k or £50k a week at a time when we are trying to cut back.

Its not impossible that Burnley agree to pay up his contract and then reach an "undisclosed deal" with Boro which may open a route to a possible return but why would he want to come back when he was on the cusp of an England call up only a few years ago? His career should be at its peak at his age, he and his agent should be looking to push on with his career not dropping down to a struggling Championship side.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Burley will want to recover most of their money. If we get him quickly then I think we’ll be spending a lot of money.

Burnley haven't got a hope in hell of recovering most of their money.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Burnley totally mismanaged the situation with Gibson. Now they will have to suffer the financial penalties if they want rid of him.

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Burnley haven't got a hope in hell of recovering most of their money.

They haven't paid for him. Gibson's transfer was on instalments, as are most transfers these days. How much they've paid is anyone's guess. I don't think they'll  have paid much over 50% of the agreed fee. That's probably why we'll get him back.

1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

They haven't paid for him. Gibson's transfer was on instalments, as are most transfers these days. How much they've paid is anyone's guess. I don't think they'll  have paid much over 50% of the agreed fee. That's probably why we'll get him back.

Unless Gibson's training has shown, that he still got what it takes, I would look else where and keep those nice Burnley money coming in installments! 

If he is homesick and will play for a max of 20k a month and he is fit and has his heart in it.. Then maybe we should take him back.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The problem is that what Burnley paid for him and their subsequent poor management/handling of him means that his value has crashed but will Burnley accept that or will they still hold out for serious money?

His lack of suitors tells its own story. They apparently still owe us money on him and maybe to the point where what they owe is actually more than his current value which makes things even more complicated. Then with Boro having shifted big wage earners out of the door there is his salary which is rumoured to be at least £40k or £50k a week at a time when we are trying to cut back.

Its not impossible that Burnley agree to pay up his contract and then reach an "undisclosed deal" with Boro which may open a route to a possible return but why would he want to come back when he was on the cusp of an England call up only a few years ago? His career should be at its peak at his age, he and his agent should be looking to push on with his career not dropping down to a struggling Championship side.

You’ve maybe answered your own question?

Let’s face it, there would be no question of a return normally. We would just say great, thank Burnley for giving us that fee and think we had done well. Being SGs nephew makes all the difference Though, doesn’t it. If he wants to splash out to get Ben back, it’s his money and the only issue we should be worried about is if it stops us getting other players because of it. Other than that, what’s not to like? He has certainly not been overplayed, he’s not got a bad injury record and he’s at a good age for a centre half. Plus, he is left footed, which was a problem all last season for us at centre half.

as far as fee is concerned, every month he stays at Burnley costs them money, so they will want to move him on quickly, after failing in a January. Burnley chairman seems to be run a tight ship money wise,  so is likely to be realistic rather than sticking on a point of principle.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, scottpilgrim said:

Fletcher and Assombalonga prove that wrong. You could get rid of them two, get 3 replacements and still significantly cut the wage bill. Probably improve our options.

Equally you could get rid of Saville and McNair, get 3 players in and still save.

Honestly if the two strikers are still at the club in the final week of the window I would get it over with and make them available for free.

You want to get rid of Britt and Fletch for free? Those strikers who have grabbed 8 goals between them in Warnock's 8 games?

I feel like I have to mention this any time someone mentions saving money for the sake of it but you do recognise how terrible our recruitment has been for years, right? We can save but don't just save for the sake of it when we have players who can do the job right now.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

You’ve maybe answered your own question?

Let’s face it, there would be no question of a return normally. We would just say great, thank Burnley for giving us that fee and think we had done well. Being SGs nephew makes all the difference Though, doesn’t it. If he wants to splash out to get Ben back, it’s his money and the only issue we should be worried about is if it stops us getting other players because of it. Other than that, what’s not to like? He has certainly not been overplayed, he’s not got a bad injury record and he’s at a good age for a centre half. Plus, he is left footed, which was a problem all last season for us at centre half.

as far as fee is concerned, every month he stays at Burnley costs them money, so they will want to move him on quickly, after failing in a January. Burnley chairman seems to be run a tight ship money wise,  so is likely to be realistic rather than sticking on a point of principle.

If he was 32 I could understand the seeming desire to return to Boro even though it rarely works out for returning players. To me his agent should be pushing him onto other Premiership sides even as a low cost back up. The Liverpool's, Chelsea's and Manchester clubs wouldn't be interested in him but surely a Sheffield Utd, Newcastle, Palace, Brighton or even Leeds would all be better destinations for him at his age and comparatively low cost?

Maybe his motivation isn't money or glory in the game. Maybe he has a passion for the Boro and thats all he really cares about I don't know but if he is fully fit then surely its worth one big push to get his career back on track and prove Dyche wrong by doing it at the highest level? Maybe his confidence has been battered (he won't have been the first to have been demotivated by Dyche) and he seeks comfort in familiar surroundings. Wherever he goes I hope it works out for the lad but if he comes to Boro I hope it is for all the right reasons for both parties and the ultimate decision is made with heads and not hearts. There is no room for sentiment in a cash strapped Championship.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You want to get rid of Britt and Fletch for free? Those strikers who have grabbed 8 goals between them in Warnock's 8 games?

I feel like I have to mention this any time someone mentions saving money for the sake of it but you do recognise how terrible our recruitment has been for years, right? We can save but don't just save for the sake of it when we have players who can do the job right now.

There's always the allure of the 'shiny new thing' in football... Personally I'd love to see those two get a run up top together with a half-competent manager. They've been playing under the most defensive and then the most incompetent manager the Championship has seen in the past 3 years. 

• Like 1

I think Gibson will come back on a low salary. Burnley are skint and Dyche on the brink of walking due to lack of funds.

We will get him for what is left owing on the original deal I would think. That transfer wasn't mortgaged I don't think.

I can see him being part of the squad next season as long as finacially viable, certainly we could start seeing headed goals from our defenders once again.

Think also there could be some grit and determination shown from the guy which would suit Warnock. Guess he could be considered Captain material but not too sure myself about that.

Should imagine that many fans will be happy to see him back but remember he does need to justify his inclusion and get back to first class standards

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Think it’s only a matter of time before we are linked with Kenneth Zohore. Out of favour in the championship so now WBA are in the Premier League he certainly won’t be needed.

Lead the line for Warnock in the promotion season and has said he wants a striker like that. Whether it’s a loan or cut-price deal I can see this happening. 

God no. Such a donkey. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)