oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

You want to get rid of Britt and Fletch for free? Those strikers who have grabbed 8 goals between them in Warnock's 8 games?

I feel like I have to mention this any time someone mentions saving money for the sake of it but you do recognise how terrible our recruitment has been for years, right? We can save but don't just save for the sake of it when we have players who can do the job right now.

Spot on,why on earth would we even consider getting rid of Fletch and Britt, the bottom line is that without those 2 we would have been relegated, at times nobodies moaned about Britt more than me, but at this level his a goal scorer, and Fletcher looks like his also heading in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Spot on,why on earth would we even consider getting rid of Fletch and Britt, the bottom line is that without those 2 we would have been relegated, at times nobodies moaned about Britt more than me, but at this level his a goal scorer, and Fletcher looks like his also heading in the right direction. 

Britt also looked like more than just a goalscorer under Warnock, it's worth saying. He worked his socks off, actually held the ball up pretty well at times too.

He was rubbish for so much of this season, in fact the only time he started looking good under Woodgate, he pretty much immediately got injured against Charlton at the Riverside, 2-3 games into a decent spell. But the difference under Warnock was staggering, guess we shouldn't be so shocked given the difference in experience, mind.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, edinboro said:

I think Gibson will come back on a low salary. Burnley are skint and Dyche on the brink of walking due to lack of funds.

We will get him for what is left owing on the original deal I would think. That transfer wasn't mortgaged I don't think.

If Dyche leaves then it may open the door for Gibson again and considering the hit Burnley would be taking there is every chance that a new Manager may want to take a closer look before deciding he was surplus to requirements.

32 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

As far as I can remember, he did a good job with Warnock's Cardiff team.

I primarily remember him for his playing days in Denmark. I could never understand how he made it in a bigger league. I think that Cardiff season was his only good season ever. Plenty of jokes going round in Denmark when wba paid so much for him. 

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

You want to get rid of Britt and Fletch for free? Those strikers who have grabbed 8 goals between them in Warnock's 8 games?

I feel like I have to mention this any time someone mentions saving money for the sake of it but you do recognise how terrible our recruitment has been for years, right? We can save but don't just save for the sake of it when we have players who can do the job right now.

I wouldn't necessarily take what that particular member says seriously.

"I've already given him three or four names. I wish we could sign them sooner rather than later."

Warnock telling the Gazette he left the club four names to work on signing before he comes back that's an interesting start point as this is without any sales being considered it's extremely proactive at a minimum by him he's keeping his word from weeks ago that he'd waste no time and get straight to work.

The Morgan Fox mumblings seem to be he's headed to Stoke he might not be on there, Kieffer Moore has gone very quiet apparently 4 clubs have matched his release clause given the leak last week he could be one. Gunter's out there as an obvious one, I'd guess Gibson as well but it's interesting he's huddled together with Blackwell/Jepson/Gill for the past few weeks and has left Bausor/Gibson four specific names to start with.

Alot of emphasis by Warnock today on sales and possibly selling young players to bigger clubs I'm open to it if we come out the other end in a healthier financial position and a bulked up squad with a new core we could use for the next 2-3 years.

Edited by Jamie-H

Really doesn't seem like a Brentford type of deal getting Toney for big bucks, even if a lot of the fee is in add-ons.

We'll need a heck of a lot more than 4 players just to pad the squad out, so Warnock's list might be his "spine". 

5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Gazette saying Warnock's left the club four names to work on signing before he comes back that's an interesting start point as this is without any sales being considered it's extremely proactive at a minimum by him he's keeping his word from weeks ago that he'd waste no time and get straight to work.

The Morgan Fox mumblings seem to be he's headed to Stoke he might not be on there, Kieffer Moore has gone very quiet apparently 4 clubs have matched his release clause given the leak last week he could be one. Gunter's out there as an obvious one but it's interesting he's huddled together with Blackwell/Jepson/Gill for the past few weeks and has left Bausor/Gibson four specific names to start with.I

Alot of emphasis by Warnock today on sales and possibly selling young players to bigger clubs I'm open to it if we come out the other end in a healthier financial position and a bulked up squad with a new core we could use for the next 2-3 years.

I’ll be gutted if we sell our youngsters and replace them with experienced journeymen!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ErimusFootball said:

Really doesn't seem like a Brentford type of deal getting Toney for big bucks, even if a lot of the fee is in add-ons.

We'll need a heck of a lot more than 4 players just to pad the squad out, so Warnock's list might be his "spine". 

They'll be selling someone for even bigger bucks (if they don't get promoted).

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)