oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If stats are your thing, then this might appeal to you.

Charlie Goode won 9 man of the match awards and got the 2nd highest average rating in league 2 from whoscored last season.

20200729_141420.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

doesn't someone on here live in Northampton? surely they have the local opions

Unfortunately any opinions will be based on his performance at league 2 - he failed to make an impact at league 1 level with scunthorpe as recently as 2 years ago. 

He was 22 then, so still relatively young for a defender so hopefully he's developed in the last 2 years and can step up if we do sign him. Its definitely a gamble though, and from the outside it looks like its very much his physical attributes that has us interested in him rather than his footballing ability - sign of things to come.

I think whoever we were interested in would have been criticised. Either a journeyman plodder, not good enough, not realistic. Let’s see what happens. People were delighted last season with Browne if I remember correctly! 
Fry couldn’t get a run in the Rotherham team a couple of seasons back - people do develop. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

whoever comes...lets give them a chance... may be in the minority..but I think Dijksteel's last few games were better than his first few ...so I will give them time before I judge them and hopefully others will too

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think whoever we were interested in would have been criticised. Either a journeyman plodder, not good enough, not realistic. Let’s see what happens. People were delighted last season with Browne if I remember correctly! 
Fry couldn’t get a run in the Rotherham team a couple of seasons back - people do develop. 

Its all them Warnock Camels all over the place. Its Ferrari's we should be looking for!

• Haha 1

"QPR and Middlesbrough have placed bids of just under £500,000 for Northampton Town captain Charlie Goode.

Goode’s form last season has been attracting interest from Championship clubs, with Brentford also monitoring his situation. 

Sky Sports News understands the bids from QPR and Boro are short of Northampton’s valuation of their skipper, who guided the club to promotion.

Goode is keen to make the step up but will consider all his options before deciding. "

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Just started watching the play-off final from League 2 and the first highlight is Goode taking a long-throw, there's another one crossed off the bingo card.

Yes and they actually scored off that, unlike any of our long throws.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I think shotton must have taken a thousand long throws while he was here and I can only remember it causing any trouble once and it was one of the last games of the season! Unless you're Rory Delap they don't tend to work at this level or above 

• Like 1

Is this how it's going to be with every potential link? Those who didn't want Warnock just instantly writing off targets before they've even signed for us? Christ.

• Like 15

Wonder if we've looked at Charlie Kirk, Bez Lubala or Randell Williams from league 2 

I assume us going for Goode means we've been priced out of Rob Dickie 

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We scored a similar one like that at Millwall on the opening day of Pulis' full season. In that the long throw didn't directly lead to a goal but it caused the scramble, we picked up the loose ball then Wing fired it in off Friend.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

We scored a similar one like that at Millwall on the opening day of Pulis' full season. In that the long throw didn't directly lead to a goal but it caused the scramble, we picked up the loose ball then Wing fired it in off Friend.

Ah yes that wonderful 97th minute equaliser. Good times.

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There was a man lost in the desert. After walking aimlessly for several days, sunburnt and disorientated under the blazing sun and baking sand he comes across a Good Samaritan who says to him “you look very tired and exhausted, I would like to help you”. The Good Samaritan then goes on to say “you have a three or four day walk over the dunes to the nearest village where you will find plenty of fresh water and food but I don’t think you are going to make it on foot. I can give you a Camel with two goat bladders full of water or I can give you a Ferrari, which would you prefer?”

Now most of us would jump at the chance of a Ferrari but in the here and now the bloke is struggling to stand on his own two feet, dehydrated, in the middle of the desert. There will however always be those who criticise him for picking the Camel over the Ferrari.

Nothing about Boro is analogous to a man lost in the desert and about to die.  A bad season and people start going absolutely bloody daft it seems 🙄

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)