oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, ErimusFootball said:

Doing a bit of a mini-series around the tasks facing the club on their latest "rebuild". This first is looking at possible transfers and what is left of the current squad. It's a bit of a deep dive so please move if not appropriate. 

https://erimusfootball.com/2020/07/29/how-to-solve-a-problem-like-the-boro-1/

Hi mate, this is gonna get lost very quickly  with the rate of new posts on here- I'd suggest starting a new thread for it.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Will said:

" it looks like its very much his physical attributes that has us interested in him rather than his footballing ability - sign of things to come."

Conveniently missed out the rest of my post there, where i said "from the outside" and explained why it looks that way and that I hope he will have developed and will step up. Do you work for the sun by any chance?

7 minutes ago, Will said:

" it looks like its very much his physical attributes that has us interested in him rather than his footballing ability - sign of things to come."

How have you interpreted that as him writing off the individual? There is a dig about the style of football in there, certainly! But I wouldn't classify that as writing off the player. It's true, I very much doubt we would be signing him if he wasn't 6ft5. And from what I've read, Northampton don't play very much football so we don't have too much knowledge of his footballing ability. That doesn't mean that he isn't going to be a good player for us.

Edited by J.T.
11 minutes ago, ErimusFootball said:

Doing a bit of a mini-series around the tasks facing the club on their latest "rebuild". This first is looking at possible transfers and what is left of the current squad. It's a bit of a deep dive so please move if not appropriate. 

https://erimusfootball.com/2020/07/29/how-to-solve-a-problem-like-the-boro-1/

Very enjoyable read. Well done @ErimusFootball 👍

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Conveniently missed out the rest of my post there, where i said "from the outside" and explained why it looks that way and that I hope he will have developed and will step up. Do you work for the sun by any chance?

And how much looking have you actually done? You posted it within minutes of the story appearing, you've literally formed an opinion based on his height and that you don't like Warnock.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Will said:

Can you imagine how some on here would react if we were linked with Van Dijk, another towering defender 😱

Are you seriously comparing Virgil Van Dijk with Charlie Goode? 🤣

1 minute ago, Will said:

And how much looking have you actually done? You posted it within minutes of the story appearing, you've literally formed an opinion based on his height and that you don't like Warnock.

No, I looked at his career path and attributes- that's all I can really do. That's what being on the outside is. I haven't made a judgement, I've said that that's what it looks like based on the above and warnocks preference. 

Again, I did not write him off.

Just now, J.T. said:

Are you seriously comparing Virgil Van Dijk with Charlie Goode? 🤣

No, that much would be clear if you read my post.

5 minutes ago, Will said:

No, that much would be clear if you read my post.

I mean you've made an assumption of how fans would react to being linked with VVD based on how they have reacted to being linked Charlie Goode. Pointless.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No, I looked at his career path and attributes- that's all I can really do. That's what being on the outside is. I haven't made a judgement, I've said that that's what it looks like based on the above and warnocks preference. 

Again, I did not write him off.

I'm not the only one who interpreted what you said as writing him off, given other peoples posts and 7 likes on my original post reacting to it. If you didn't mean to write him off, maybe try being more clear.

i like this signing tbh, 500-750k in this day and age is peanuts for a player, also coming from league 2 will mean his wage demands will be nothing . futhermore, lets say it dosent work out, were very likely to get our money back when selling him on so the risk isnt that high. 

secondly, the player is only 24, sometimes players have to drop down a level or 2 to find themselves and come back better, just have to be positive that this is the case with this guy, and from his performance last season and the interest being shown its likely that they'res something to this guy. 

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I mean you've made an assumption of how fans would react to being linked with VVD based on how they have reacted to being linked Charlie Goode. Pointless.

Almost as pointless as judging a signing based on his height 😱

Just now, Will said:

Almost as pointless as judging a signing based on his height 😱

Again, who is judging him? Doesn't look like it's sinking in... People are judging the style of football we will be playing next year, not the individuals...

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Again, who is judging him? Doesn't look like it's sinking in... People are judging the style of football we will be playing next year, not the individuals...

but you're judging that based on the individuals, doesn't that make them intrinsically linked?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)