oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

24 minutes ago, jimbob38 said:

I just don't see the point in adding any stiker which cost a fee Greek league or not ( but federico Macheda was 2nd top scorer shows the quality) until we have some creativity , decent wingbacks or forward thinking midfield . Just my opinion

We're hardly a step up from most Greek sides. PAOK would be massive favourites to beat Boro. 

Agree we're dying for some creativity though! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, MFC Heisenberg said:

Any substance to this? I mentioned him yesterday but was just a logical guess 

Yeah i mentioned this a few days ago just going through the type warnock was after being in the realisitc bracket 

I like Akpom and I liked him when he was at Hull, one of their games was on sky and he and another loanee both played so well

Would I rather this money go to wingers/attacking midfielders? Yes, but if its 1.5m with add ons its a decent signing regardless imo his goal to start record is good

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

I don’t understand why people are keen on Davis and are writing off Akpom, when Davis strike rate is just as uninspiring. 

I think Akpom will give us something different with the attributes he has. 

Davis would bring physicality, if nothing else 

hehe, keen on Keinan Davis

Jokes aside, I think people are just more accepting of the idea of, when we bring in a player we don't know that much about, who has a style that suits Warnock, that we won't be keeping hold of them beyond the end of the season. If Keinan Davis isn't that good for us, it doesn't really matter when the next man walks through the doors. If Akpom isn't that good, we're probably going to struggle to sell him on if the next man doesn't want him.

A lot of my issues with signing a player right now is wondering where he fits in beyond Warnock's time here. Because that's really not that far off when you compare it with the contract we will give a player, a new manager needs to be able to use these players next season. With Morsy, I can see him being a pretty decent midfielder for most sides and a lot of different styles of play; a lot of sides need someone who can break up the opposition. As for Hall, it's early days and lets not destroy the lad before he's had chance to really prove himself but he said he's good with the ball and what I've seen so far would contest that. He looks like someone who wins his aerial battles 9 times out of 10, though he was also done for a corner in our first league game. If the next manager wants that in a defender, great. If they don't... well we've seen that enough times in the past 3 years.

• Like 3

Don't think people aren't happy with signing.

It's more the money that's been quoted at £2.8m which of course will include some form of add-ons.

It doesn't help that we don't seem to make bids for any wingers or creative players. I know we have a formation with two strikers but you still need creativity no matter what formation you play.

It would just be nice for one season to have two players that can create. The last time we had that we got promoted.

Edited by RiversideRed
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I called Akpom up to my England squad on FM Mobile over lockdown. He fired us to a European Championships win. So it's a yes from me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Warnock did the same, that’s why he wants him! 

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

No, I mean the 8 games last season under Warnock when he looked completely out of sorts, Johnson was preferred and he remains unfancied by the manager.

I like Coulson but the lad needs to work hard and get back on track, likewise Wing

He started one game under Warnock, against Hull, where he won the penalty for us didn't he?  Other than that he came off the bench for 10 mins, 2 mins, 13 mins and 32 mins.  Three of the four games that he came off the bench in, we were losing when he came on.  I don't remember him looking any worse than other players, in the few bits we saw of him.

• Like 1

Gone are the days where 2.5 million pound strikers are viewed as big news to the fanbase but have to say bit disheartened to see no flight tracking going around today like the good old days of the Jelle Vossen chase he has the pedigree of scoring against Ajax in Europe and assisting to knockout Benfica in the Champions League!

Chubez, you already know thats his Warnock nickname, has chose us over European football Turkish teams and FC Koln of the Bundesliga he might be a flop for us but if he wasn't English I sense there'd be more excitement maybe? After all we all got excited over a second division Spanish striker named Kike Garcia but the sense from social media/forums seems strangely negative today towards Akpom.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Gone are the days where 2.5 million pound strikers are viewed as big news to the fanbase but have to say bit disheartened to see no flight tracking going around today like the good old days of the Jelle Vossen chase he has the pedigree of scoring against Ajax in Europe and assisting to knockout Benfica in the Champions League!

Chubez, you already know thats his Warnock nickname, has chose us over European football Turkish teams and FC Koln of the Bundesliga he might be a flop for us but if he wasn't English I sense there'd be more excitement maybe? After all we all got excited over a second division Spanish striker named Kike Garcia but the sense from social media/forums seems strangely negative today towards Akpom.

I remember when we were signing Kike and I tweeted saying how excited I was and that £2.7 million was a lot of money... those were the days

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think losing 2 in a row has dampened spirits a bit for some. I personally think it's a good signing but can see why people aren't exactly inspired. 

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I suspect it's more to do with here's another striker that can chase after the long balls into the channel or try and win a header against someone 4 inches taller than him.  The three games we've played this season, and lots of the games we played last season, I'm not sure our finishing was the biggest problem, and that's all that this particular signing would be looking to improve on unless I'm missing something?

• Like 2