oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I know there's a few on here who have wanted us to sign Troy Parrot from Spurs on loan.. looks like he may be on his way to Millwall.

He really is a quality youngster with the world at his feet. If his attitude is right he will go all the way 

Just now, Old Codger said:

Sounds like Mr Braithwaite is going to be on the market again soon.....seems to find it difficult to remain anywhere for very long

That’s very unDanish like 😱

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Brighton have signed Veltman from Ajax for £900k, how've they done that

Activated a release clause apparently. If possible I would be asking them about Shane Duffy. They got lots of centre backs now who are ahead of Duffy - Veltman, Dunk, £20m man Webster, Burn and the returning and very highly rated Ben White.

• Like 3

Duffy would be the perfect warnock centre back - unreal in the air and a guts and glory type defender - an upgrade on ayala imo. Not good with the ball at his feet though, but I'm not going to get into that again in fear of being accused of writing him off!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We're priced out of Rob Dickie never mind Shane Duffy, think it'll be Goode, Gibbo and a free agent LB defender wise 

Tell you who we should put money into, Tosin Aiyegun from Zurich

Edited by LewisBoroPalfrey
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Wow. This is just ignorance at its finest. Some of the smaller teams might be around league 1 but the top 6 is easily championship standard and Copenhagen and Midtjylland would be top6 candidates. The championship is hardly a place blessed with quality throughout. 

Do you even know Bolat and Mak from first hand recent knowledge? I’m only suggesting players that I’m actually watching every week and not picking them off a list on transfermarkt. 

I have watched them a good few times - not weekly, granted, but not all of us get out knowledge from Transfermarkt or Football Manager. Some of us enjoy watching the European leagues and seeing what talents (or lack of) there are there. 

And I'm sorry, BD, but you're sounding as deluded as an SPL fan with your first comment. I respect you as a poster on here, but the Danish league is poor. Even going by the UEFA Coefficients you're very marginally better than the Scottish Leagues, and we all know how players & managers fair when moving from those leagues. The Danish leagues - especially in terms of defensive performances - are poor. 

Difference of opinion - especially when backed up by sound statistical data - isn't ignorance. You have Kobenbavn and Midtyland. They'd maybe do a job in the Championship - much like Celtic and Rangers. Outside that the quality dwindles enormously, and rapidly. Brøndby are barely above TNS in the UEFA Coefficients for God's sake, and TNS would struggle at any level of English football. 

You say I'm being ignorant. I say you're seeing the Danish league through rose tinted specs. It's poor. And the data proves that.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Snowblind said:

I have watched them a good few times - not weekly, granted, but not all of us get out knowledge from Transfermarkt or Football Manager. Some of us enjoy watching the European leagues and seeing what talents (or lack of) there are there. 

And I'm sorry, BD, but you're sounding as deluded as an SPL fan with your first comment. I respect you as a poster on here, but the Danish league is poor. Even going by the UEFA Coefficients you're very marginally better than the Scottish Leagues, and we all know how players & managers fair when moving from those leagues. The Danish leagues - especially in terms of defensive performances - are poor. 

Difference of opinion - especially when backed up by sound statistical data - isn't ignorance. You have Kobenbavn and Midtyland. They'd maybe do a job in the Championship - much like Celtic and Rangers. Outside that the quality dwindles enormously, and rapidly. Brøndby are barely above TNS in the UEFA Coefficients for God's sake, and TNS would struggle at any level of English football. 

You say I'm being ignorant. I say you're seeing the Danish league through rose tinted specs. It's poor. And the data proves that.

I know that you are both great guys so that makes it even!🙂

So many players do not seem to want to come to our neck of the wood maybe Danish players feel the same

7 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Brøndby are barely above TNS in the UEFA Coefficients for God's sake, and TNS would struggle at any level of English football. 

That may be the case but Brondy are definitely a few levels above TNS in terms of quality. They consistently sell players to the top 5 leagues in every year, surely that alone is a mark of quality.

Pukki who has scored 40 goals (11 in the PL) in 79 league games for Norwich was at Brondby as recently as 2018. Norgaard at Brentford played a Bronby as recently as 2018 too.

BoroDane and Snowblind, you are both idiots.

I spend a fair bit of time in Brazil and let me tell you, we should be buying Brazilian players, everyone knows that they are the best, much better than Danish or English players!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

The guy responsible for most of Brentford's French League signings (Maupay, Benrahma, Mbuemo etc) is a part time scout for Brentford part time teaching assistant in France I don't think expanding our scope beyond Gary Gill's laptop would be dramatically expensive it would probably require an open mindedness and modernisation if anything. I mean we are a club that pays Neil Maddisons travel and expenses to go to Haag to watch Sam Stubbs play if we built a network of trained scouts simply by utilising fans who live in other countries it would be much better and more efficient but like our digital operation and media team we just don't invest enough in ourselves.

Lad i used to work with worked as a scout for, Swindon, Oxford and West Ham over the years at kids level, so what's the difficulty in applying the same principle abroad.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)