oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

19 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

BoroDane and Snowblind, you are both idiots.

I spend a fair bit of time in Brazil and let me tell you, we should be buying Brazilian players, everyone knows that they are the best, much better than Danish or English players!

But for every Dunga, there's a David Luiz. Why Arsenal paid £24 million for his services over one year, I will never know - he seems to give away a goal every time I watch him!

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

These last few pages made my morning coffee a lot more interesting. 

To be fair, the Danish Super League has become way better and more competitive  in recent years. FC Midtjylland and Fc København would easily play for promotion in the Championship and might survive in the PL. 
AGF (BD's team) and Brøndby would for sure be top half teams in the champo, while Aalborg AaB, FC Nordsjælland and Odense OB would be solid midtable teams. The rest of the league (7 teams) would be lower half and the 2-3 poorest teams would struggle. 

I watch both leagues a LOT .. And a game between Midtjylland and Fc København has more quality than most games in the Champo .. so BD is not far off .. 

It has ofc been a running joke here @ the forum with BD and his Danish recommendations, like Anglian Red's stream and my shady links .. But hey, there is quality in the Danish league and we should explore and exploit it .. Brentford has done it and they are doing fine. 

We should be looking at other European leagues as well and not so much league 1 and 2 .. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

To be fair, the Danish Super League has become way better and more competitive  in recent years. FC Midtjylland and Fc København would easily play for promotion in the Championship and might survive in the PL. 
AGF (BD's team) and Brøndby would for sure be top half teams in the champo, while Aalborg AaB, FC Nordsjælland and Odense OB would be solid midtable teams. The rest of the league (7 teams) would be lower half and the 2-3 poorest teams would struggle. 

I watch both leagues a LOT .. And a game between Midtjylland and Fc København has more quality than most games in the Champo .. so BD is not far off .. 

It has ofc been a running joke here @ the forum with BD and his Danish recommendations, like Anglian Red's stream and my shady links .. But hey, there are quality in the Danish league and we should explore and exploit it .. Brentford has done it and they are doing fine. 

We should be looking at other European leagues as well and not so much league 1 and 2 .. 

We should be looking at every possible avenue for the best possible players.

Whether thats the leagues across Europe, league 1, league 2 or even non league (Lewis Wing). 

It doesn't matter where the players come from.. yes Brentford have used the Danish league successfully, but they have also used league 1 and league 2. There is no right and wrong answer!

Also I wrote the word league so many times there that it started to look strange and spelled incorrectly..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I was surprised Warnock didn’t seem to rate Maukoudi. Would have loved to have seen him back. I wonder if any of our targets are from abroad this year. 

Moukoudi is a ball playing defender - when you think about what Warnock wants from his CBs, are you really that surprised?

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

It has ofc been a running joke here @ the forum with BD and his Danish recommendations, like Anglian Red's stream and my shady links .. But hey, there is quality in the Danish league and we should explore and exploit it .. Brentford has done it and they are doing fine. 

I think the fact that they call it the super league says it all.

There is a chain of hotels called the comfort in and the quality inn. Both are neither comfortable or offer quality.

I don’t think the Danes are fooling us with all this super league nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Moukoudi is a ball playing defender - when you think about what Warnock wants from his CBs, are you really that surprised?

Big guy, commanding presence at the back. Ball playing but so are Fry and Friend. Just surprised he wasn’t given a chance - Warnock spoke well of him after that strange selection as DM. Anyway, not to be but I liked him. 

1 hour ago, BearSmog said:

We should be looking at every possible avenue for the best possible players.

Whether thats the leagues across Europe, league 1, league 2 or even non league (Lewis Wing). 

It doesn't matter where the players come from.. yes Brentford have used the Danish league successfully, but they have also used league 1 and league 2. There is no right and wrong answer!

Also I wrote the word league so many times there that it started to look strange and spelled incorrectly..

Exactly this, I was about to comment saying the same thing. I do wish we'd explore foreign leagues more though, there is undoubtedly a lot of talent to be had. Plus, I always feel it's more exciting being linked to players outside of England. 

I could write a lot more on the flaws of our recruitment team. It all really ties into the board's lack of a coherent vision for the club.

• Like 1

He was probably never in our thinking but Kieran Dowell has just signed for Norwich from Everton for an undisclosed fee. I thought he would have been ideal to fill our creative void and he'll suit their style of play well. 

• Like 3

I reckon Warnock will try to get his “permanent” signings sorted first then any loans such as Makoudi, Gibson, Roberts will be later when the big clubs decide on their squads.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think Ben Gibson will be announced first.

See I would have seen something like a Chris Gunter first; if that's going to happen you'd think it would happen relatively quickly.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)