oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He doesn't get injured "quite a lot" he had one BIG injury and otherwise he's been relatively healthy.

And played in a defence that has been consistently worse than we have been this season, when by all accounts we were terrible.  Another bog standard at best Championship player who has a short shelf life here unless we keep selecting managers whose primary aim is to not play much football.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

CT's been consistent on this for years since the Mowbray era he's been ruthless on incoming players, can't say he's been wrong too many times we've had some shocking recruitment. I think he was in favour of the Mccormack chase all those years ago and maybe when we signed Adomah he thought it was a good signing my memory is fuzzy recent years I don't remember too many kind words for new signings.

That deadline day we were all trying to be positive about Kai Kamara he was just ripping into our recruitment and that was what 7 years ago he's been very consistent on this.

I mean he's not turned out wrong on alot of our recruitment over the years looking back lets hope when we look back here Hall proves him wrong.

Wow forgot about him

I'd have prime Carayol and Adomah from that front 4 at the club now, not so much Emnes and Kamara mind 

How have our fans managed to establish his wage at our club when he not even signed yet? Some real investigators on here. Your talents are wasted on here I feel. Go work for Mi5...

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

We were the lowest scorers in the league, doesn't mean Britt and Fletch aren't good strikers 

It also doesn't mean that we had a great attacking unit.  QPR's defence has only conceded fewer than 60 goals once since he's been there.  We conceded 61 this season and people thought we were absolute ***.  This season QPR conceded 76.

29 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Genuine question - not trying to have a dig, just genuinely curious.

Who was the last player we signed that you were genuinely happy about? Has there ever been one?

Hardly any at all over the last few years.  I'd struggle to name any off hand quite honestly.  It's been one mistake after another as far as I'm concerned, and they were mistakes you could see coming a mile off, which makes it worse. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

How have our fans managed to establish his wage at our club when he not even signed yet? Some real investigators on here. Your talents are wasted on here I feel. Go work for Mi5...

Unless he's taking a pay cut to join us, and I can guarantee that he hasn't, then it's just piecing together information that's out there and coming up with a reasonable estimate.

• Like 2
Just now, Changing Times said:

Unless he's taking a pay cut to join us, and I can guarantee that he hasn't, then it's just piecing together information that's out there and coming up with a reasonable estimate.

Yeah, was gonna say, he's apparently turned down £12k at QPR and what, he's gonna accept that or less here? No chance.

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

On the other hand we signed Fischer and if I remember correctly his muscles were held together by Gorilla glue.

That stuff's pretty damn good! 

Keep glueing my bloody fingers together with it! 

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It also doesn't mean that we had a great attacking unit.  QPR's defence has only conceded fewer than 60 goals once since he's been there.  We conceded 61 this season and people thought we were absolute ***.  This season QPR conceded 76.

True but we conceded 20 more goals this season than last season and Dael Fry played the most minutes out of our defenders 19/20 and 2nd most minutes 18/19. He's still capable of playing in a defence that concedes 20 goals less, it's other factors such as new manager, attacking full backs, different defensive partners, etc that led to him conceding 20 more this season.

QPR play attacking football they were the 5th highest scorers this season and Mark Warburton is generally an offensive style manager, this comes at the cost of conceding more goals. I don't know that much about Hall but I'd wager if he joins us he'll concede less goals this season than last 

59 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am happy with Grant Hall signing IF we sign a top end championshop defender to go with him.

If its Gibson Fry Hall and Friend as our CB options then am happy with that as our CBs.

Britt Martin and Fletch as striker and that is strikers sorted.

Let me know whats next. I will sort the entire squad out before day is over. This rebuild is easy work.

You're the Director of Football Gibson doesn't know he needs.

14 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are you referring to that website that has all pro football  players wages listed? I would take that information with a pinch of salt CT. 

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Are you referring to that website that has all pro football  players wages listed? I would take that information with a pinch of salt CT. 

nah, a QPR fan friend of a member on here said he turned down £12k a week at QPR.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)