oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Tiendali said:

Driving northbound up the A19 last night behind a top end blacked out Range Rover with the numberplate 'NM 9'. It turned off at the Tontine. Probably some posh person from Yarm, but i've been racking my brains for any potential players it could be?

Any ideas?

Nicky Maynard. He's actually had a right season for Mansfield haha, but it better not be him 😂

31 minutes ago, Tiendali said:

Driving northbound up the A19 last night behind a top end blacked out Range Rover with the numberplate 'NM 9'. It turned off at the Tontine. Probably some posh person from Yarm, but i've been racking my brains for any potential players it could be?

Any ideas?

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing? Number 19, so that sort of fits... and Warnock signed him for Cardiff! 

1 hour ago, macapes said:

Surely that's Gibbo's spot. Steve will make sure of it.

Hall is right footed I think. Gibson is left footed which is what we have been missing. It makes such a difference. That I think is why Friend played there after restart. 

So Gibson, Hall and Fry plus one more left footed CB and that's CB done.

If Fry goes we still need two more.

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing? Number 19, so that sort of fits... and Warnock signed him for Cardiff! 

I think he was stuck in London last night 👍

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I think he was stuck in London last night 👍

He might have drove up after the game 😄 "gutted we lost the play offs lads, now I'm off to sign for the Boro!"

• Like 1

To post something positive about the signing, it does make complete sense.  It's a defender of the type Warnock would want and by the sounds of it the type of character Warnock would want.  That's an improvement on some of our business over the past couple of years, where you couldn't really see much logic to what we were doing 👍

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

To post something positive about the signing, it does make complete sense.  It's a defender of the type Warnock would want and by the sounds of it the type of character Warnock would want.  That's an improvement on some of our business over the past couple of years, where you couldn't really see much logic to what we were doing 👍

I think sometimes players suit managers too, like Morrison at Cardiff.

When at Reading and early years at Cardiff they weren't particular great defensively but under Warnock they only conceded 39 goals

46 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

He might have drove up after the game 😄 "gutted we lost the play offs lads, now I'm off to sign for the Boro!"

That would certainly show some determination to play for Warnock again.

I'd love Glatzel personally. Hasn't been great at Cardiff and he's not the best of finishers but something different. I think he could easily still come good at a new club.

1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think sometimes players suit managers too, like Morrison at Cardiff.

When at Reading and early years at Cardiff they weren't particular great defensively but under Warnock they only conceded 39 goals

I'd say there's definitely some truth to that 👍

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)