oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Are you Neil Maddison by any chance? I don’t think Stoj is as bad as you are making out. Yes, you could probably get better but in my opinion he’s a decent enough Championship keeper and Pears and Mejias are adequate backups. I just think that when you look at our squad, goalkeeper is probably the least of our worries. 

Haha no I'm not that bad, just think we need to build from the back, strong spine, and a keeper who takes charge would be a good start. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Does anyone know what the story is with Ben Gibson? 

Obviously it looks like Gibson wants to come back, and I’m sure we would love him back. I just don’t know how we will persuade Burnley. They don’t like us as it is so I can’t see them wanting to do us any favours. We won’t be able to afford what they will want for him and there will be plenty of other interest in him from elsewhere. 

He would be a perfect fit for us right now. A leader and organiser at the back, captain material, and would have a steadying influence on Fry, who, despite having had a very disappointing season, I still believe to have the potential to be a very good centre back. I just think that his development has suffered from the lack of a reliable influence alongside him this season. Something which Gibson could provide next season. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Does anyone know what the story is with Ben Gibson? 

Obviously it looks like Gibson wants to come back, and I’m sure we would love him back. I just don’t know how we will persuade Burnley. They don’t like us as it is so I can’t see them wanting to do us any favours. We won’t be able to afford what they will want for him and there will be plenty of other interest in him from elsewhere. 

He would be a perfect fit for us right now. A leader and organiser at the back, captain material, and would have a steadying influence on Fry, who, despite having had a very disappointing season, I still believe to have the potential to be a very good centre back. I just think that his development has suffered from the lack of a reliable influence alongside him this season. Something which Gibson could provide next season. 

Yes I'm with you would love to see Ben Gibson back, but Burnley will want to recoup quite a bit of that £15 mill, but that isn't going to happen, Gibbo's value will have plummeted, I think the best we can hope for is a loan deal which is better than nothing. . 

5 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yes I'm with you would love to see Ben Gibson back, but Burnley will want to recoup quite a bit of that £15 mill, but that isn't going to happen, Gibbo's value will have plummeted, I think the best we can hope for is a loan deal which is better than nothing. . 

I'm fully expecting a loan deal or Fry + money. 

Burley really wont want to go into next season with him still on the books but can't see them doing him any favours also for a quick move especially if a deal had been agreed with Watford previously. 

Gibson looks like a loan. This means we can offer wages and a staggered reduced fee. Will be that way until he comes out of contract although he does have interest from the US.

9 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

Burley really wont want to go into next season with him still on the books but can't see them doing him any favours also for a quick move especially if a deal had been agreed with Watford previously. 

After seeing how Burnley derailed Gibbos career I would be staggered if Fry wanted to make the exact same move.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

In my opinion Fry would be mad to go to Burnley, he'll spend the season bench warming. I would imagine Gibson would give him the heads up on what its like and that isn't going to paint a very rosy picture.

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53538218

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11938445/middlesbrough-reading-transfer-free-gunter/

Confirmation today that Gunter has left Reading, I still think Gunter is extremely likely to come in to Boro myself he ticks alot of boxes, like Kieffer Moore Warnock wanted him very recently at Cardiff and his emphasis on Dijksteel playing 'anywhere' for him suggests to me that he'd still like to bring Gunter in. Former Reading captain has vast experience isn't over the hill and brings needed leadership to the back four.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Club expect Britt to stay next season. 

Nice I doubt any club is willing to pay for him. But I feel the club has to focus more on chance creation less the goal scorers

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

A lot of money invested to lose on a free.

There was a rumour a few years ago that Britt was actually on a 4+1 contract and there was an option for an extension the only way it makes sense to keep him on is if that is true but if it is true we probably wont know until next year it's never been reported since then or investigated one way or the other to my knowledge. The contract he signed at Forest in 2016 was a lucrative 5 year contract which we bought him out of a year later I don't think it's crazy to think he'd sign a 4+1 contract with us recall Howson ended up having a 3+1 in the end.

If that rumours BS then yeah paying out 2 million in his wages for a year on top of 15 million down the drain next summer would be monumentally stupid even by Gibson and Bausor's standards.

• Like 1

I am also happy with Britt staying given the likely fee we would get for him. Maybe it is worth the risk of losing him for free next summer in hope his goals can fire us to play offs. He has 42 goals in 3 seasons so averages 14 a season. Add a mobile target man to the mix alongside him and Fletcher and hopefully we are ok in the striker department.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)