oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I'm sick of this can only go to players/staff with local connection ***. How many successful teams do that? Jordon Jones was moved on because he wasn't worth the hassle. He's been done ok in a poor league for Killie, done nothing at Rangers. 

I know we find it hard to attract decent players due to our location, and if we aren't offering the financial incentives either it makes it harder still, but I'm sure there is better players out there than him. 

It’s because good old Tony said he wanted lads from the area and wanted to be here. And we know what an oracle that guy was 🤷‍♂️
image.gif.dd9ac5f956301a99b1d2b144867cd5a6.gif

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It’s because good old Tony said he wanted lads from the area and wanted to be here. And we know what an oracle that guy was 🤷‍♂️
image.gif.dd9ac5f956301a99b1d2b144867cd5a6.gif

Next we will be bringing back Andrew Taylor, Adam reach and Lee cattermole. 

"and appeals to Warnock as a replacement for Patrick Roberts, who is not expected to return to Teesside after his loan from Manchester City expired." 😄

As if we're downgrading on the lowest scoring team in the league last season...

6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

"and appeals to Warnock as a replacement for Patrick Roberts, who is not expected to return to Teesside after his loan from Manchester City expired." 😄

As much as I'd love to have Roberts back, we would only be losing 3 assists and 1 goal

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

As much as I'd love to have Roberts back, we would only be losing 3 assists and 1 goal

Yeah, he looked sharp in a number of games but it's not a particularly hard contribution to replace.

Plus he's injury prone.

10 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Another part of the article says...

“I’ve worked with Neil before,” said Hall, who will help strengthen a defence that has been shorn of Daniel Ayala, Ryan Shotton, George Friend and Marvin Johnson in the last few weeks. “I had him for a brief period at QPR and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Does that mean that Friend and Johnson have left?

5 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

6/7 goals and 20 assists if he played every minute of a full season though

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Which he's never managed in his career.

Even in his best season at Celtic he missed 6 games, I don't think he's the sort who can stay consistently fit.

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

How likely is that though? We had him on loan since Jan and only got 10 games out of him.

Also as good as he is, 20 assists seems a little optimistic. 12-14 perhaps going off the 10 games ratio but still I'd love it if we could get him back

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Another part of the article says...

“I’ve worked with Neil before,” said Hall, who will help strengthen a defence that has been shorn of Daniel Ayala, Ryan Shotton, George Friend and Marvin Johnson in the last few weeks. “I had him for a brief period at QPR and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Does that mean that Friend and Johnson have left?

Well their contracts have expired, so yes.

But as I said in my post just before, the Boro website hasn't posted anything about them having left, which it did do with Shotton, Gestede and Clayton. I would expect some kind of announcement if they are definitely leaving.

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

How likely is that though? We had him on loan since Jan and only got 10 games out of him.

Also as good as he is, 20 assists seems a little optimistic. 12-14 perhaps going off the 10 games ratio but still I'd love it if we could get him back

Yeah obviously wouldn't live up to the exact maths but he's still levels above Jordan Jones

Just sick of being lied to by the club tbh "no reason we can't be pushing for play offs next season" or whatever NW said and first order of business is replacing Patrick Roberts with Jordan Jones. That's a downgrade on ability and output on the lowest scoring side in the league and stinks of lower mid table.

Wasn't the rumour that we'd offered Friend a contract 40% lower than his old one?

I wouldn't keep Johnson at all myself he's bang average, has no pace and doesn't offer a goal threat whatsoever. Jones offers a threat near the opposition box, is an actual local lad no offence to Tav/Coulson etc but this is a lad who has supported Boro through and through if he gets handed a Boro shirt by Warnock you'd like to think it would add an extra level to his game and effort.

Hearing from Wigan fans that Josh Windass is Wigans highest earner on 14k a week which is alot for what he is, granted he'd be on a free but I see more of an upside from Jones who'd be a lower risk financially even though he'd cost us a fee in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

... in 613 minutes of football. Which means he contributed to a goal every 153 minutes. Even in Jones’ most productive season, he only contributed to a goal every 267 minutes. And that’s in Scotland... where the defending is laughable at times. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)