oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

We have no money which is only going to get worse over the next year and have to stick to a budget. If the players don't want to fit into the new wage structure *** em. For example Moore had Gestede 2.0 wrote all over him, supposedly demanding 40k a week for a garbage Champ level striker..

Why are we bidding 1.5-2.5m on multiple players then?

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Could you elaborate further on what we are in a mess with, as it’s a very broad term. Not knocking you for passing info on in the slightest, but I’d like a bit more context to what is making us a mess. 

My guess would be incompetent staff who can’t do their job? The current recruitment would indicate that, but I’m wondering if there is a lot else?

Additionally, I don’t get how we’re in a position to not offer more money than Bristol? We seemingly have money to spend and need to reinvest in players and also have some wages freed up? 

We've got money to spend, we've got a decent amount in terms of wages to play with. 

Bausor is useless, he joined in 2007 and look what he's overseen. The only time we were decent is when Kenyon came in and oversaw the appointment of Karanka and change of approach. I've had a few dealings with him in the past and I can confirm that the man has been a joke when negotiating. Essentially, Boro lost out completely unnecassirly due to stubborness

Recruitment- We all know Gill is useless. But, the analysts we've previously appointed are rubbish. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. 

The snippet from Gibson not wanting a DOF as it adds another 6 figure salary highlights exactly where the club is going wrong. We are not and do not invest properly in our backroom staff. 

Thankfully it is changing and we now have a good recruitment analyst. 

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

We've got money to spend, we've got a decent amount in terms of wages to play with. 

Bausor is useless, he joined in 2007 and look what he's overseen. The only time we were decent is when Kenyon came in and oversaw the appointment of Karanka and change of approach. I've had a few dealings with him in the past and I can confirm that the man has been a joke when negotiating. Essentially, Boro lost out completely unnecassirly due to stubborness

Recruitment- We all know Gill is useless. But, the analysts we've previously appointed are rubbish. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. 

The snippet from Gibson not wanting a DOF as it adds another 6 figure salary highlights exactly where the club is going wrong. We are not and do not invest properly in our backroom staff. 

Whos the good recruitment analyst? Any idea who's responsible for bringing him in?

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Still got Bausor though.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Whos the good recruitment analyst? Any idea who's responsible for bringing him in?

It's that Sam Jackson (I think?) guy that Warnock spoke highly of isn't it?

On 8/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, Thor said:

Hearing Joe williams is all but done 🤷

On 8/18/2020 at 8:29 PM, Youngy228 said:

Gibson and Williams are both done deals. Both permanent. Interest in Goode has cooled. Main loan target is Roberts. Have to wait a week or so to find out more about that Are interested in jack clarke at Spurs and Murphy but club not confident on Murphy due to other interest and his desire to listen to more offers before making a decision. 

Just going to leave these here...

Sorry guys but with the volume of people claiming to be ITK recently, I thought it would be best to do a bit of filtering! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sorry guys but with the volume of people claiming to be ITK recently, I thought it would be best to do a bit of filtering! 

It's just people reading the paper links and repeating/embellishing them as if they've been told something.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Even diggerlad got this one wrong  

“Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).”

Deals fall through all the time. 

Thanks @Lurker really appreciate that info. 
Warnock aside, is there a willingness to shake up Bauser and Gill from their positions from within the club or higher up places? Or is the general consensus that they’re doing a “good job under the circumstances” 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Even diggerlad got this one wrong  

“Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).”

Deals fall through all the time. 

To be fair that's different to "deal all but done" and "williams is a done deal". 

The Williams fee was nearly agreed.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)