oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Re Karanka.. If he had a spin Doctor appointed, before he *** all over fans, players and others, things might have looked better.. 

What ever our squad looks like when the season starts, I am sure NW will get the Best out of it... 

Now go and drink tea and be happy - It's Sunday and the birds are chirping 😉

Oliver Burke was one linked by the ITK on here, and Callum Robinson at Sheff Utd was on some wishlist. 

Looks like they're going to be involved in a deal together, according to Nixon. Robinson > WBA with Burke going the opposite way. 

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

If anything comes out of this window we just need bauser sacking and replaced with a director of football. Who actually has a recruitment data driven plan like Stewart Webber has done at Norwich, Victor Orta at Leeds and Rasmus Ankersen at Brentford. As we clearly aren't identifying cheap gems from foreign markets in the current set up. 

You want a DoF to run the entire business?

One player who might be available towards end of the window on loan is Luke Freeman of Sheff Utd. He did not play much for them last season and could fall further down pecking order if they strengthen.

I dont know without looking it up but did Warnock manage Freeman at QPR?

1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Could we have a separate thread to vent your frustration on lack of transfer activity, and anything else that's wrong with mfc, and just keep this thread for actual transfer gossip/news. Its getting pretty depressing to read everyone say the same thing in different forms. 😕

Agreed, we need a concise transfer thread. 

11 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

One player who might be available towards end of the window on loan is Luke Freeman of Sheff Utd. He did not play much for them last season and could fall further down pecking order if they strengthen.

I dont know without looking it up but did Warnock manage Freeman at QPR?

Like freeman wouldn't be a bad signing at all. It seems to me like we are holding out for Roberts, so probably won't see much in the way of forwards being linked until we know which way Roberts is going. 

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

If I get anything else I’ll post. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, "KM" said:

I don’t get the fascination of bringing in an ex manager / footballer as DoF why not look for someone who is qualified in the job? 

Director of football role is all about identifying players and coaches to suit a specific brand of play you want the team to play.

In effect, it is a managers job, you just don't get involved in coaching/day to day activity/matchday decisions.

I think Karanka would make a decent DoF. When he was here he reshaped our club to suit the style of play he wanted. I doubt he would want to take that role though as I hink it'd be too hands off for him, I imagine he would want to get much more involved with the day to day squad than a traditional DoF would

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Could we have a separate thread to vent your frustration on lack of transfer activity, and anything else that's wrong with mfc, and just keep this thread for actual transfer gossip/news. Its getting pretty depressing to read everyone say the same thing in different forms. 😕

seth meyers good job GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)