oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

20 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I doubt it matters what some guy posts on a forum 🙂 the shrewsbury manager isn’t going to get his tactical advantage from a forum. 

Woody did.... it’s the only explanation I can come up with for some of his decision making 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 5
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Woody did.... it’s the only explanation I can come up with for some of his decision making 🤷‍♂️

If he was getting it off here we would have been promoted. I guess he was visiting a mackem forum. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hewie said:

I’d say the onus is on the player not to be a *** and leak the starting 11 before hand, so it’s up to you if you provide it here. I’m just thinking if I had that, I’d not release it. I’d want my team to have every advantage possible, even if this is only a fans forum.

@BoroBoy1989 is a true likehunter though🙃 And on here it really matters. @Denzel Zanzibar was over the moon the other week when he reached a 1000. Anthony Vickers (@Changing Times), who is also his dad, was going to write a piece about it in the Gazette but got sacked because Steve Gibson doesn't rate Denzel. He thought Vickers was on about the actor though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We need NW to be positive and talk up the team, let's face it many of us thought Pulis was great behind the microphone!

Action speaks louder than words, we have to wait and see and not long to wait!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Borodane said:

@BoroBoy1989 is a true likehunter though🙃 And on here it really matters. @Denzel Zanzibar was over the moon the other week when he reached a 1000. Anthony Vickers (@Changing Times), who is also his dad, was going to write a piece about it in the Gazette but got sacked because Steve Gibson doesn't rate Denzel. He thought Vickers was on about the actor though.

That cuts deep, so deep that only extra sugar on this mornings cornflakes will provide any comfort

• Like 1

good extended piece in the Echo, one thing that i missed yesterday was regarding the loan player we had to wait till the end of the month for. Warnock said this

When Warnock spoke to the press around a month ago he said the club’s top loan target wouldn’t become available until the end of August.

A few weeks later that deal is off the table and once again Boro have been forced to look at alternatives.

“The target I wanted, the main loan player that I wanted, I’ve now been told they want £3.5million and don’t want to loan him out,” admitted Warnock.

“I don’t think he’s worth £3.5million so we won’t be getting him.”

Yes. The NW interview was decent. I guess it's something he has to do.

But being as he was saying he inherited a lop sided squad just a few months ago and we have not added any players to counter that. I class it as blowing smoke.

Anyway. Time will tell.
UTB

There is more to football than signing players, there always has been. What’s the point of appointing a manager if you don’t think he’s capable of coaching the players that you have and improving the team?

Is there really any point in spending big money on division 1 standard players whilst sending the players that you already have, out on loan to div 1 clubs?

I’m not saying we shouldn’t buy players, but I am saying, have a good look at the players we have, think about how they can be used and don’t panic buy players just to keep fans happy. 

Every transfer window it’s the same; fans screaming out for new signings,  then getting cross when they don’t happen and if they do, being ultimately disappointed by them, rinse and repeat. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

There is more to football than signing players, there always has been. What’s the point of appointing a manager if you don’t think he’s capable of coaching the players that you have and improving the team?

Is there really any point in spending big money on division 1 standard players whilst sending the players that you already have, out on loan to div 1 clubs?

I’m not saying we shouldn’t buy players, but I am saying, have a good look at the players we have, think about how they can be used and don’t panic buy players just to keep fans happy. 

Every transfer window it’s the same; fans screaming out for new signings,  then getting cross when they don’t happen and if they do, being ultimately disappointed by them, rinse and repeat. 

Great post billy 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)