oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

If they're committing 4+ million in a transfer fee and picking up his newly enhanced wage packet after promotion good luck to them. Kenneth Zohore on a punt for the season? Sure I wouldn't mind it. Kenneth Zohore on the books as your highest earner for the next 3-4 years and a chunky transfer fee? Wouldn't be near that with all the barge poles in Venice.

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

If they're committing 4+ million in a transfer fee and picking up his newly enhanced wage packet after promotion good luck to them. Kenneth Zohore on a punt for the season? Sure I wouldn't mind it. Kenneth Zohore on the books as your highest earner for the next 3-4 years and a chunky transfer fee? Wouldn't be near that with all the barge poles in Venice.

With a high chance of being in league 1 next season too.

• Like 3

Zohore is the latest footballer Att Chansiri, the son of Wednesda y chairman Dejphon Chansiri, has followed on Instagram. Elias Kachunga, Chey Dunkley, Josh Windass, Connor Wickham, Alessio da Cruz and Massimo Luongo have each joined the Championship club after being followed by Chansiri on the social networking website.

What a way to run a football club...

• Like 3

It's crazy Sheffield Wednesday got a 12 point's deduction for breaking spending rules. Yet are continuing the spending dunno how it's possible or why the EFL never transfer banned them. As they are just going to end up with another 12 point's deduction when they make some more record losses that's guaranteed if they end up in league one

• Like 1

Selling Stubbs is a strange one, as we are short of numbers at centre back. As others have pointed out, maybe Warnock doesn't see Stubbs as quite being able to make the step up. Where as he thinks Wood will be able to. Shame as I would have liked to see Stubbs at least get a chance. He does have first team experience in Scotland and Holland and it would have been nice to see if he could progress.

If this does get confirmed I do think we'll need to sign another centre half as I'm not 100% convinced on Dijksteel playing there. Could also be an indication we are close to signing a central midfielder, as that will potentially free up McNair to slot in at centre back.

• Like 1

We already have two very good strikers so there’s no need for us to blow a huge amount of money on a third choice striker like Zohore. I’d trust Warnock to be able to sign appropriate back up strikers for a shrewd deal so I’m not bothered about us seemingly missing out on Zohore.

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

It's crazy Sheffield Wednesday got a 12 point's deduction for breaking spending rules. Yet are continuing the spending dunno how it's possible or why the EFL never transfer banned them. As they are just going to end up with another 12 point's deduction when they make some more record losses that's guaranteed if they end up in league one

And they'll stick get nowhere near promotion despite putting the club at more risk. 

I think that Warnock and his team will have been appraising the entire squad and rating them as to Keep/Sell/Develop with a few probably overlapping in that we could keep or develop but if we get an offer then sell. 

Perhaps his appraisal of McNair is that like Stubbs he is only 6ft but with a lot more experience at Premiership, Championship and International levels. If he is going to call on someone its more likely to be Paddy than Sam especially with Woods emerging.

One of McNair's career problems is that nobody knows what the heck he is. Maybe Warnock has decided to sort that out and to play him as a skilful ball carrying CB. His versatility will also have been likely factored into his reasoning. Having said that I also suspect that he is one that if an offer came in we may well sell but for the time being he is in the Keep/Develop pile.

33 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Sounds like they’re spending 5/6m on him permanent, more than happy to let them have him if that’s the case...

mental. A team penalized for overspending is over spending again. they are screwed now, been punished but are still flashing the cash. even though they will be breaking rules again not doubt to avoid the drop. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)