oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Could be 4231 actually 

In a lot of phases of the game the difference between a 433 and 4231 is minimal anyway, so it really depends how advanced one of either Browne/Wing play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Johnson had a 37% pass completion in the Watford game.  That's garbage.  Warnock couldn't see any possible way to improve on that though.

Same thing happened last season, we didn’t get a left sided player, Johnson had a good pre season, everyone said he’s earned his place and is a good player to have. He was crap and eventually dropped, the cycle is repeating, he’s simply not good enough we need to accept that.

1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

I think personally we have one decent fullback at the club in Dijksteel none of the other 4 'wingbacks' would I trust in a back 4 I get where Warnock's coming from on that one.

I'm not sure a Warnock 433 would make people any happier at least we know 2 strikers will be playing every week with Tav floating around behind them there's 3 'attacking' players plus the wingbacks. Sheffield United got promoted with some absolute tosh up front Warnock's clearly eyed what they've done and is trying to replicate it here.

Biggest difference between us and Sheff United is the wingbacks ours seem so far off the level of 10 assists and 5 goals each they probably need to put in to me screw Roberts we should get a proper wingback in like Cunningham then get Gunter on a free to cover the right so Dijksteel can stay as a wide CB.

Could we not play a ‘hybrid’ 343/433. I probably won’t explain it right but 433 on the right with Dijksteel being the defensive RB, then on the left Coulson as the lwb, when we attack down the right the defence shifts to a flat back 4 shape, when we go down the left the defence adapts the back 3 shape. Idk it works in my head lol.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)