oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Where has this idea come from he is coming in as 3rd choice? If he performs he stays in the team.

We are playing 2 out and out striker this season very much in the sheff utd 3.5.2 mould.

Lets assume Britt is a starter. Other spot is up for grabs.

Of course mate as with any player, but given Fletcher was our top scorer last season and has pretty decent chemistry with Assombalonga, I'd assume he's as nailed on as Britt to start. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ErimusFootball said:

Not sure what else you'd like us to do mate, only other striker at the club is Ste Walker. You're not getting much better for that money in England because the market is so inflated. 

It's not a lump £3m either. It's going to involve add-ons and if he does well enough to meet those, surely it's worth it? 

I’m not disappointed with the actual signing, and the player himself. But I don’t see why the club are literally incapable of signing creative players. Sorry but spending £3mill on a striker that could end up being 3rd choice when we don’t even have 1 winger is just ridiculous. Especially when we are apparently so skint. 
just seems everyone at the club has just 1 vision and can’t think outside the box. 
In January, I said the exact same thing about Stojanovic. The exact thing. Why are we suddenly spending £1mill on a random goalkeeper from a random league when we are “skint” and have no creative players at all. I’m just left baffled by the club time and time again.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

3. When did loads of you start being accountants instead of fans? I want good players here and I dont care about how much it costs 

We're critical of the spending of the last few years and so every significant penny the club spends is under close scrutiny. We have a reputation of not spending money we have very well and it's up the club to prove that otherwise. I can't honestly say I know too much about Akpom and to be fair, even if we signed Sanogo, I'd give him a chance. But right now, this is a significant sum of money for us on a player who previously never made a name for himself in England.

• Like 2

I don't get what the problem is, it is essential we have a decent 3rd striker option if playing 2 up front and I'd hope that when making that sub you actually have hope in the striker coming on and scoring not just a donkey making up the numbers but here because we might have been free. 

If him or Fletcher or Britt depending on form are coming on 70th min as an impact and change things it gives us something.

I agree we need more but still happy with this signing. 

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

If we have £3m to spend on Akpom, I really hope we stump up the cash for Roberts. 

tbf 3m is around maret price for him, and he's probably the best (realistic) striker we've been linked with this summer - kieffer moore would have been nice for his attributes , so i expect the next striker we're after to be more like him

its a tricky choice for the club - from a winger perspective, they haven't managed to get anyone they want with the money they have. so do you spend the money on someone you didn't think was good enough now. or wait and see what happens, and carry on filling positions with payers you do want?

risky as it will and has left us unbalanced.  But from a business perspective they are still filling positions with players they want, at a price they can afford.

not what you want as a fan, but practical 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

3. When did loads of you start being accountants instead of fans? I want good players here and I dont care about how much it costs 

1. You don’t have to be an accountant to see the squad does not contain 1 creative player/winger. 
2. With respect, we don’t have a clue if he will be good or not. 
3. The old “I don’t care how much it costs” line. Haha. You’ll be the one moaning at the club, like we have done, at the end of the season for “overspending on ***” or “having our pants down”, just like every other fan. So I’m sure you will care how much it costs come the end of the season.

Piecing the timeline together this isn't an alternative to Sanogo because a week ago we had Sanogo booked in for a medical and a bid lodged with PAOK hopefully the alternative big man on loan we're targeting is up to it.

Warnock said he's a younger loan, knowing that he's a Sanogo alternative he must have a bit of height about him maybe George Hirst?

the fee could be £1.5m with £250k if he scores 20+ and a further £1m if we get promoted or any such variation you'd like to come up with the twitter post does say including add on's. More importatnly he's Warnocks first choice!

• Like 4

It’s €1.5M with potential ‘add ons’. Within a couple of hours it’s almost perceived wisdom on here that it’s £3M. Also the fact he has been playing in Greece would suggest that the overall package, including wages, is about right. Please don’t compare him to Roberts in terms of the cost to the club. It’s daft!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)