oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

reading-v-boro-SkyBet-graphic.jpg.9c4bd3bcee969714a287bebff00bd258.jpg

Reading v Middlesbrough

Tuesday, July 14th. 18.00. Madejski Stadium

The Form:

Middlesbrough have had a topsy turvy record since Warnock took over, with 2 wins and 3 defeats in his first 5 games... but at least there are no boring draws! We have scored 5 and conceded 6 during this run. Our last game was a 3-1 defeat at home to Bristol City, with Britt Assombalonga scoring a consolation goal with 8 minutes to go. Boro currently sit in 18th, 2 points above the bottom three - before Wigan's point deduction is taken into account - but with the teams at the bottom all fighting for points, results will need to be picked up somewhere in the last 3 games to guarantee survival.

Reading's last five games yield a record of 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses, scoring 7 and conceding 5 - Although 5 of their goals scored came in one game in that run, as they hammered Luton away from home. Currently sitting in mid table, they are 8 points from the playoffs and 11 from, so hopefully with not much to play for they are already on the beach. Reading's last game was a 1-0 win away at Charlton, George Puscas's penalty in the 3rd minute being the only goal of the game.

The Line Up:

Warnock seems to settled on a side the last few games, so I am going to go for the same side again:

30 Stojanovic

29 Spence

6 Fry

5 Shotton

3 Friend

21 Johnson

17 McNair

16 Howson

22 Saville

11 Fletcher

9 Assombalonga

Warnock-Wonders:

I'll update this when the pre-match press conference has been done...

The View From The Other Side:

The Reading Fan Forum's Matchday Thread can be found here....

• Like 2
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

I cant see anything other than a defeat here. I'm hoping we keep up our recent away success but my head says this is where it finally imploded for good.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

The Reading fans don’t seem to like the referee. Hopefully that means that he doesn’t like them 😀

Haha tbf his stats compared to the last few referees we have had is interesting, he is defiantly not shy about pulling red card and giving plenty out looking at it. I certainly hope Warnock speaks to the squad about this after that Hull game, cant risk the opposition playing the referee so much better than we do. 

The way Warnock plays which is get it out wide, then get balls into the box seems to suits playing away from home probably due to the fact the home team feels obliged to attack and we counter. Having said that Reading are in good form, its either that they are going to be relaxed as playoffs is unrealistic or be on holiday thinking theres no crowd to shout at us and no playoffs so may as cruise for rest of the season. I think we should go with this  - 

................................Pears/that other guy.....................................

diijsteel.......................Fry....Shotton..................................Friend

Roberts.........................Howson....Mcnair..........................................Coulson 

...................................................Tav.....................................................................

.....................................Fletcher......................................................................

I dont think particularly Spence done anything wrong, I just think his looks a bit knackered so could use a break. I think give Tav or Roberts a free floating role behind Fletcher (his job to literally supply Fletcher and help him out) and drop Britt as he offers nothing when not scoring which is not good enough at this point. 

10 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

I believe they play with movement and pace. We cant cope with that so its a 100% loss

Do you do the team talks? 😁

• Haha 2

I'd go for a lineup of;

Stojanovic

Djiksteel*, Shotton, Fry, Friend, Coulson**

Saville, Howson, Tavernier***

Fletcher, Assombalonga

* Spence hasn't done much wrong, but I think he's dropped off in form since the Millwall game. I reckon that knock to the face has knocked his confidence. He was largely non-existent in the 2nd half and the Bristol game.

**Similar to Spence, Johnson hasn't really done much wrong. But playing away from home I'd like to see us set-up with more pace in the team.

***McNair needs to be dropped, how Saville was taken off before him is beyond me! I think he is too slow in terms of releasing the ball, and against Bristol any half chance we had to counter he'd always check back and break the momentum of the counter up. Think Tav looked lively when he came on and think he could suit a counter attacking game.

I was also going to suggest dropping Friend for Moukoudi, but as of this morning it appears he has played his last game with us. Shame as I think he'll end up being a good player.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 2

Reading have pace and some talented forwards... they'll fill their boots against us if they can be arsed to. 

I expect a similar game to how Swansea and Bristol C went. We're much better equipped to take on other slow teams like Millwall and Stoke.

Just now, Rioch's Braves said:

Reading have won 1 of their last 12 home games which is an awful stat for us, but they've drawn quite a few. I fancy 1-1 and that I feel will be our last point of the season.

Nailed on home win given that stat then. Haha. Please see Hull for how generous we are at assisting other teams end they sh*t records.

• Sad 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

Nailed on home win given that stat then. Haha. Please see Hull for how generous we are at assisting other teams end they sh*t records.

Thank *** we don't have Birmingham to play the form they're in.

• Like 2

Can't see us getting anything against Cardiff.  Don't think we've got the fight for a last day must win game.  So this is the last place to get points.  

We'll definitely not win then.

7 minutes ago, macapes said:

Can't see us getting anything against Cardiff.  Don't think we've got the fight for a last day must win game.  So this is the last place to get points.  

We'll definitely not win then.

Yeh Cardiff are still going for the play offs if they're on their game then I can only see a Boro defeat.