oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

Stoj

Spence -Shotton- Fry-Friend

Howson - Clayton

Roberts      Wing        Tav

Assombalonga/Fletcher

With Reading being good in the attacking third we need to have 2 defensive midfielders to attempt to break up the play

If we had a another centre back I would of went Pulis style defending and had Shotton at right back and keep it tight

Let the attackers attack, and defenders defend. hopefully we could nick something

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I'd go with that side

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Would like to see us line up something like this. Think its a decent balance of defensive cover (though Friend is always a worry) and attacking threat.

Still think attack is the best form of defence (even in our state) and if we can put early pressure on the hosts and create some chances for Britt & Fletch, they just might put one away (or even the long-range artillery of Wing). Which then makes it a little easier to manage the game.

That said, I still expect Reading to be too good for us. But we seem to play with a bit more freedom away from home, so we need a system & players that can exploit that.

Reading v Boro 14 07 20.PNG

You'd both go with Roberts at wing back?  For real?  Very ballsy

• Like 2

Stoj

spence shotton fry friend johnson

saville Howson McNair 

britt and fletch 

wing, Tav and Roberts for the impact off the bench in the second half. 

Counter attack and hit them on the break. 

We have so many midfielders why not go with a straight 4 - 4 - 2. It offers a defensive role for our  back line and not so hard to understand and maintain formation. Well as long as the wing backs don’t get caught out to far forward and it offers support in attack. We have nothing to loose, so why not.. 

Edited by sanddancer
2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I've got a completely Radical Idea,Can we please play the BEST 11 we have, in the the positions they are best at      There's only a handful of games left...Bristol city our bench was stronger than our side on the pitch...Don't care how Tired they were, our place in the Championship is at stake... If anyone is not up for these games they should be nowhere near the squad, let alone the team...If anyone is not prepared to shed blood for the cause,send em home to have a think

Fully understand what you are saying. But there are loads of factors to take into account. 
Fitness will still play a part

Any knocks/injuries too 

Then any tactical implications that NW is trying to mitigate

But I do agree with your last point. Anyone not showing the correct attitude needs shifting out

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Both of your line-ups are decent, would definitely have Coulson and Tav in, Wing is always capable of pulling a goal out, but there's times you have to look twice to see if he's still on the pitch, the game just seems to pass him by. 

Yeah since I had his name put on the Back of me new shirt cause I couldn't afford Assombalonga,Wing was fine so I accept responsibility

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

We have so many midfielders why not go with a straight 4 - 4 - 2. It offers a defensive role for our  back line and not so hard to understand and maintain formation. Well as long as the wing backs don’t get caught out to far forward and it offers support in attack. We have nothing to loose, so why not.. 

I'd even go 4-5-1 to make sure we get the points needed to stay up

• Like 1

Why are people putting Roberts in defence?  He's one of our most attacking players and I've seen little to suggest that he would be better as a defender.   What are you seeing that I've missed? 

19 minutes ago, White Band said:

Why are people putting Roberts in defence?  He's one of our most attacking players and I've seen little to suggest that he would be better as a defender.   What are you seeing that I've missed? 

I suspect it's the hope that he'd play at wing-back in order to play with wing-backs and keep Roberts in the team. We'd get absolutely killed down our right if he was playing wing-back, though.

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Stoj

spence shotton fry friend johnson

saville Howson McNair 

britt and fletch 

wing, Tav and Roberts for the impact off the bench in the second half. 

Counter attack and hit them on the break. 

Isn't that exactly what we did on Saturday?

17 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Would like to see some version of:

Pears/Stojanovic                                                           Pears/Stojanovic

Spence/Dijksteel*   Fry         Shotton      Coulson              Spence/Dijksteel*    Fry   Shotton     Coulson

McNair          Howson       Tavernier                                    McNair    Howson  Tavernier

Roberts      Assombalonga    Fletcher                                                  Wing/Roberts

Assombalonga           Fletcher

*Depending on fitness/sharpness

I think we're more likely to see some version of what we saw on Saturday but with maybe the odd change or two.

A question for those who understand these things.  How come when I look at this on my computer it looks fine but when I look at it on a tablet it looks all muddled up?

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

A question for those who understand these things.  How come when I look at this on my computer it looks fine but when I look at it on a tablet it looks all muddled up?

I,d like to know that myself. Ive been readjusting my varifocals all morning 😁