oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

The good thing about Luton is they still need at least 4 points even with a win tonight to overtake us bar a 20 odd goal swing.

They could well get that, though.  They are likely to get 3 points against Hull and then a point or three against Blackburn (who won't have anything to play for) is not unrealistic. 

5 minutes ago, mj south said:

Hull and Blackburn left after QPR so its very possible they could get that

That would essentially relegate Hull. Then the other bottom 2 Charlton and Luton have to play Leeds. Plus there's another couple of teams like Birmingham and Stoke who are both struggling below us now. All assuming we dont pick up another point this season. Theres also the possibility of a Wigan point deduction which means they will probably need a result against Charlton.

1 minute ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

That would essentially relegate Hull. Then the other bottom 2 Charlton and Luton have to play Leeds. Plus there's another couple of teams like Birmingham and Stoke who are both struggling below us now. All assuming we dont pick up another point this season. 

Luton dont have to play leeds

I think Barnsley are down looking at those fixtures, after tonight I think Hull are down as well. 

I think we need to keep our fingers crossed for a few results to go for us still otherwise we are going into the final game which could be a lottery. 

Anyway... tonight was a massive result and much needed. 

• Like 1

Barnsley and Hull will go down, and I cn't see Birmingham getting anymore points .. Unless they beat Charlton, which will make it very difficult for Charlton to frog leap us .. 

We are as good as safe .. 

• Like 1

Excellent result today and hopefully it's enough to get us over the finishing line

Every single one of those players out there tonight fought for the shirt exactly like they did against Millwall.

Warnock certainly has got the players up for the scrap and will hopefully put one over on his old Bluebirds Saturday to see us safe.

Saville and Tavernier were different class tonight for me.

Get safe Saturday, and then we can all discuss the rebuild that's needed for next season.

UTB!

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

That would essentially relegate Hull. Then the other bottom 2 Charlton and Luton have to play Leeds. Plus there's another couple of teams like Birmingham and Stoke who are both struggling below us now. All assuming we dont pick up another point this season. Theres also the possibility of a Wigan point deduction which means they will probably need a result against Charlton.

I think Barnsley are all but down.  They have Leeds and two of the other sides fighting for automatic promotion left to play. 

Think Hull are probably down too unless they beat Luton.

We are still vulnerable for that third spot.  I really don't want to still be vulnerable on the final day.  Sheffield Wednesday and Monk would take great delight in relegating us.

If we could manage a point against Cardiff somehow then I think we would be safe.

• Like 1

If Wigan get the deduction we'd be 5 clear of them, if you take Hull/Barnsley as gonners we look in decent shape for safety even removing Luton/Charlton/Hudds/Stoke from the scenario.

A QPR equaliser would be really, really nice though as it would all but assure us safety.

Two massive must win away matches in the last week and Warnock has managed to get the lads up for it but not too scared to play. He’s had to deal with losing 2 centre backs this week and has made some big calls. Years of experience - I don’t think we would be safe without him. 

• Like 4