oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He isn't very good so I wouldn't offer him a deal.  But I keep wanting us to build a decent squad and play good football and I seem to be in a minority on here so what the hell.  Sign em all back on.

I actually rate Johnson. I'm bias I suppose. But hes a top bloke, honest pro and has given his all to the cause.

Theres far worse to have at lwb or lw.

• Like 3
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I actually rate Johnson. I'm bias I suppose. But hes a top bloke, honest pro and has given his all to the cause.

Theres far worse to have at lwb or lw.

He's not a good defender and he's not good enough to play in an attacking role.  That's the reality, isn't it?

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He isn't very good so I wouldn't offer him a deal.  But I keep wanting us to build a decent squad and play good football and I seem to be in a minority on here so what the hell.  Sign em all back on.

That'd be great.  Suspect that we're not in a position to buy in decent players though, so it's going to be free signings and cheap rubbish that can "do a job".  

As such, whilst I'd like to never see Marv tackle again, given the number of freekicks he's given away on the edge of the box in recent weeks, as a possible left wing alternative/backup on the cheap, I'd understand offering him a contract.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's not a good defender and he's not good enough to play in an attacking role.  That's the reality, isn't it?

I think he is decent going forward, actually. And he gives a ***.

• Like 1
Just now, macapes said:

That'd be great.  Suspect that we're not in a position to buy in decent players though, so it's going to be free signings and cheap rubbish that can "do a job".  

As such, whilst I'd like to never see Marv tackle again, given the number of freekicks he's given away on the edge of the box in recent weeks, as a possible left wing alternative/backup on the cheap, I'd understand offering him a contract.

We do seem to enjoy mediocrity here.

42 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I've been quite surprised with the football we've been playing, especially today. It is definitely not as boring as under the pulis days. We can play some quite good stuff at times. Hopefully we'll see it more next season if warnock stays

Cardiff played some decent stuff under Warnock, especially when they were in the Championship.  They were solid and shut teams down when they needed to, but could also be quite attacking. 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I think he is decent going forward, actually. And he gives a ***.

The last couple of games hes looked okay. But realistically all hes been doing is spamming balls into the box - some decent some not so good. Every other aspect of his game is poor to average. Not to mention the 3 years of absolute rubbish weve had of him until now. We can do a lot better, and hopefully will. 

A goal and an assist from Roberts today.

This is going to be an unpopular post, but is it really unfathomable that woodgate could have had us clear of relegation by now if hed had Roberts available? I'm thinking the games like barnsley, luton, wigan, Blackburn, forest etc where we just didnt have that creative spark in the final third. 

Its clearly going to be shot down but Roberts has made a massive difference today, we could very well have been walking away with nothing but for him. I think wed have picked up enough points by now had we had him for those games mentioned above. 

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

This is going to be an unpopular post, but is it really unfathomable that woodgate could have had us clear of relegation by now if hed had Roberts available? I'm thinking the games like barnsley, luton, wigan, Blackburn, forest etc where we just didnt have that creative spark in the final third. 

Its clearly going to be shot down but Roberts has made a massive difference today, we could very well have been walking away with nothing but for him. I think wed have picked up enough points by now had we had him for those games mentioned above. 

I think there's a very real possibility that we could have been safe yes, I think he is by far the best player at the club.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Sorry, I meant who doesn't give a ***?

Well, the obvious ones are Gestede, Ayala and Shotton. 

Marv loves being at the Boro though. He has turned down 3 opportunities already to try stay here. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Roberts was good today, Tav was the difference though.

• Like 1