oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

3 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Well, the obvious ones are Gestede, Ayala and Shotton. 

Marv loves being at the Boro though. He has turned down 3 opportunities already to try stay here. 

I thought you meant from players we still had here.  Is Marv your friend?

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Roberts was good today, Tav was the difference though.

Well no, tav was the best player on the pitch but Roberts was the difference - neither goal happens without him and tavs efforts are for nought.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Well no, tav was the best player on the pitch but Roberts was the difference - neither goal happens without him and tavs efforts are for nought.

Semantics perhaps.

The reality is, both need to be on the pitch.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TheJew said:

I have direct links to Marv.

As far as I know ref the players here, everyone has been really pushing since Warnock came.

What'd he make of Woodgate?

Fantastic win, Warnock has virtually saved our season.

We'd be down by now under Woodgate.

I was working for the second half, so I only caught glimpses of it, but still managed to set up the winner nicely by chuntering about how wasteful Roberts was as he scored the winning goal.

Give Johnson and Fletcher new deals, bring in some defenders.

7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Really do think we are forgetting our defence here, they put on a good show and effort was maintained.

Like the Millwall game we played as a team and kept going. We know Roberts is a greedy little so and so but he showed today that he can produce the goods when he does not have time to ponder what he will do and where he will go next.

So well done our back line, and they did start some promising attacks from defence

• Like 1

We looked a little shaky in the first 20 odd minutes but our confidence grew through the game, and even when they scored I felt that they didn't seem that good and that we could get something from this game, just as long as our heads didn't drop. Fair play they didn't, Dijksteels confidence grew into the game too and it was nice to see him getting into some good positions, supporting Spence. Pears although was very shouty which is good just looks a bit lightweight for a keeper to me.

There are alot of teams below us and its bloody close points wise, I'd say we could be safe but let's get at least a point from Cardiff to secure it. That win felt so good last night though. 

Johnson is a league one player. Apart from a few crosses into the box he’s nowhere near championship quality. If we are relegated then give him a new contract but most certainly not if we are in the championship. Signing league one players is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. 

Not really interested in what, should or could have happened I’m just pleased for 3 points and to be sure of survival we still need a couple more from the last two games.

I drove past our stadium yesterday afternoon and said to my son, can you smell it, of course he said it’s the river, but I was referring to the @@@@ managing the club and on the pitch. 
Is that a stadium built for the third division I asked and sadly he replied, who really cares anymore. My thought were of course he is right and why would the next generation be busting a gut to get in and strengthen there lungs belting out songs of support and allegiance, just what have they done over the past few years to be proud off.
The point I’m getting to is the failure and demise is not about what league the club chooses to be in, it is about the failure to engage the next generation of supports to ensure it’s survival. Why have a club if no one cares? 

9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

He's not a good defender and he's not good enough to play in an attacking role.  That's the reality, isn't it?

But isn't that why clubs have a coaching staff?

To take players with potential and make them decent, or good players and make them better?

At least, I thought that was the point.

In any case, we've signed plenty of supposedly good players in the past and they've performed like donkeys, due to poor management / coaching / wrong playing style etc.

Maybe we should just hire some decent coaches and turn our current motley crew into league champions? 😉