oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

9 hours ago, macapes said:

It's almost our defining identity at times.

"We're Middlesbrough...we're mediocre...and we don't give a monkeys..."

I can see that being popular with the fans next season.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

But isn't that why clubs have a coaching staff?

To take players with potential and make them decent, or good players and make them better?

At least, I thought that was the point.

In any case, we've signed plenty of supposedly good players in the past and they've performed like donkeys, due to poor management / coaching / wrong playing style etc.

Maybe we should just hire some decent coaches and turn our current motley crew into league champions? 😉

We could have the dream team of @Changing Times as Manager (Woody) @AnglianRed as Assistant (Keane) @Denzel Zanzibar as GK Coach (Coyne) and @SmogDane as Leo. The new DOF would have to be @Downsouth to keep that motley crew in line. 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Johnson is a league one player. Apart from a few crosses into the box he’s nowhere near championship quality. If we are relegated then give him a new contract but most certainly not if we are in the championship. Signing league one players is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. 

Nice pull back for the goal last night mind. And got a good whip on him.

I think Johnson would be okay as a left mid, he's just can't defend and we always put him wing back. Happy to keep but as a squad player, can't be on much money.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

We could have the dream team of @Changing Times as Manager (Woody) @AnglianRed as Assistant (Keane) @Denzel Zanzibar as GK Coach (Coyne) and @SmogDane as Leo. The new DOF would have to be @Downsouth to keep that motley crew in line. 😂😂😂

You also forgot @Borodane as international scout (Denmark region) 

Which I suppose would leave me to fulfil Roary the Lion role 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

You also forgot @Borodane as international scout (Denmark region) 

Which I suppose would leave me to fulfil Roary the Lion role 👍

Yes that was very remiss of me re BD but CT flatly refused to allow you as Roary because he said that your dance moves are very suspect..... Sorry @Uwe ☹️

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If it's considered a deflection, it is offside isn't it?

Sorry Wilson, didn't see this at the time!  but it's a bit of a grey area; if a defender makes a deliberate attempt on the ball then it's not meant to be offside I don't think, so I guess it depends on what constitutes a deflection and waht constitutes an attempt.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Johnson is a league one player. Apart from a few crosses into the box he’s nowhere near championship quality. If we are relegated then give him a new contract but most certainly not if we are in the championship. Signing league one players and expecting them to get us out of the mess we were already in, whilst employing a rookie manager with no idea, is one of the main reasons we are still in this mess. 

Not to mention signing the wrong championship players and overpaying for them both fee and salary wise so we had no money to revamp the squad and sort out the lack of creativity. Nor changing managers and styles so radically and expecting players to be able to fit in.

Whether they were the right division one players is another matter, but I think under Woodgate they didn’t really have a chance. Possibly, just possibly, under Warnock we might see them able to be at least good squad members. 

Johnson certainly has limitations. However, as a squad player and not first choice, he is probably as good as we will be able to afford for that type of player, assuming he wants to accept a salary that reflects that. Also, he came as a winger and was then thrust into wing back and I doubt he got much decent coaching in that position. If Warnock And Blackwell offer him a contract then, I’m happy to go along with that.  It would mean they probably think they could improve his defending over time.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yes that was very remiss of me re BD but CT flatly refused to allow you as Roary because he said that your dance moves are very suspect..... Sorry @Uwe ☹️

napoleon dynamite dance GIF

Have no idea what you mean 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

napoleon dynamite dance GIF

Have no idea what you mean 🤷‍♂️

Ok after that audition you’re in......

4 year deal at 20 grand a week. Who needs money for players when we have a top notch mascot like that 😀

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Sorry Wilson, didn't see this at the time!  but it's a bit of a grey area; if a defender makes a deliberate attempt on the ball then it's not meant to be offside I don't think, so I guess it depends on what constitutes a deflection and waht constitutes an attempt.

Yeah, my basic understanding is if you can judge they've got control over the direction the ball is going to travel in then it can't be offside. It's similar rules for a back-pass, right? I don't think they'd have given an indirect free-kick if that touch had landed in the keeper's hands.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, my basic understanding is if you can judge they've got control over the direction the ball is going to travel in then it can't be offside. It's similar rules for a back-pass, right? I don't think they'd have given an indirect free-kick if that touch had landed in the keeper's hands.

Except you regularly see offside not given when a ball has glanced off a defenders head, even if he doesn't know where the ball is going - in fact I think we've scored from that exact scenario, maybe even this season? 

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

Here's the relevant rule. Making a block on the ball has almost always been constituted as a "deliberate play of the ball" previously. I suppose you could argue blocking the shot was a save? That would then make it offside.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, boroie said:

Maybe Sav really really really doesn't like Reading? 

What a ridiculous thing to say 

it’s obviously because he had BTTS on his coupon 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3