Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

Recommended Posts

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

Two massive must win away matches in the last week and Warnock has managed to get the lads up for it but not too scared to play. He’s had to deal with losing 2 centre backs this week and has made some big calls. Years of experience - I don’t think we would be safe without him. 

I think we would have pretty much been relegated by now if Woody was still in charge.  Think we would have been 8 or 9 points worse off. The latter would have relegated us with a Luton win tonight.  I am very glad Gibson acted  - although he should have done so much earlier. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

If Wigan get the deduction we'd be 5 clear of them, if you take Hull/Barnsley as gonners we look in decent shape for safety even removing Luton/Charlton/Hudds/Stoke from the scenario.

A QPR equaliser would be really, really nice though as it would all but assure us safety.

Luton just had a 2nd disallowed cmon QPR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to hold my hands up,i had given up on George Friend as a championship defender, He was magnificent this evening,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I know that this is not technically the be all end all game but do any of you feel that this could be the season defining game?

I certainly do because whatever the result could impact not only us but others as well.

This is such an important game, in fact massive without appearing to be and well worthy of a seldom used phrase of mine.

Spot on observation and assessment there DS totally agree😑

Good game and deserved win and even "tunnel vision" Roberts showed he can score when there is no time to think about it.....great goal.

Defence played well and my mom is Dick Steel looked calm and composed.

I think we are safe now!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Spot on observation and assessment there DS totally agree😑

Good game and deserved win and even "tunnel vision" Roberts showed he can score when there is no time to think about it.....great goal.

Defence played well and my mom is *** Steel looked calm and composed.

I think we are safe now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barnsley play Leeds A, Forest H and Brentford A - They need at least 4 points to stay up and 9 points to finish above us .. 

Hull play Luton H and Cardiff A - They need at least 3 points to stay up and 6 points to finish above us ..

Charlton play Brum A, Wigan H and Leeds A - They need at least a point to stay up and at least 4 points to finish above us .. 

Luton play QPR H (1-0 so far) Hull Away and Blackburn H - They need 7 points to finish above us .. 

Birmingham play Charlton H, Preston A and Derby H - They need 2 points to finish above us - But if they win against Charlton, that would make it almost impossible for Charlton to finish above us .. 

And then there are still Stoke and Hudderfield who needs points to finish above us .. 

Please tell me a set of result that can send us to League 1? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Spot on observation and assessment there DS totally agree😑

Good game and deserved win and even "tunnel vision" Roberts showed he can score when there is no time to think about it.....great goal.

Defence played well and my mom is *** Steel looked calm and composed.

I think we are safe now!

Your mom is what now? 😄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Barnsley play Leeds A, Forest H and Brentford A - They need at least 4 points to stay up and 9 points to finish above us .. 

Hull play Luton H and Cardiff A - They need at least 3 points to stay up and 6 points to finish above us ..

Charlton play Brum A, Wigan H and Leeds A - They need at least a point to stay up and at least 4 points to finish above us .. 

Luton play QPR H (1-0 so far) Hull Away and Blackburn H - They need 7 points to finish above us .. 

Birmingham play Charlton H, Preston A and Derby H - They need 2 points to finish above us - But if they win against Charlton, that would make it almost impossible for Charlton to finish above us .. 

And then there are still Stoke and Hudderfield who needs points to finish above us .. 

Please tell me a set of result that can send us to League 1? 

Charlton beat Birmingham and draw with Wigan...

Luton beat QPR, Hull and draw with Blackburn. 

Birmingham win one of their last two. 

Stoke get one more point.

Huddersfield win one more game. 

We lose our last two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if CT is calculating like a maniac right now, to find a way to make me look like a fool 😛❤️ 

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by funk

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Charlton beat Birmingham and draw with Wigan...

Luton beat QPR, Hull and draw with Blackburn. 

Birmingham win one of their last two. 

Stoke get one more point.

Huddersfield win one more game. 

We lose our last two. 

good luck with that GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QPR EQUALISE 😀😀😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Your mom is what now? 😄

Oh you are naughty.............but I like you!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Latest Posts

    • Breathe easy @BearSmog you have plenty of time as @Smogzilla is going to achieve the elusive 10 in a row. I can feel it in my waters 😃
    • Roger, should have it up tomorrow at some point.
    • It was good to see Britt back today. Hopefully he starts v Coventry and maybe a chance to give Akpom a breather. I would like to see Tav and Roberts playing off Britt with Wing Morsy and Howson in midfield. It would be good if we could give the Northern Ireland lads a breather too in Saville and Paddy. We cant with Paddy as yet but maybe Wing for Saville v Coventry.
    • Maybe we need to offer Woodgate a scouting role! He can’t coach or manage but it does look like he’s been able to spot a couple of decent players from L1
    • I am very happy for both Dijksteel and Bola as I spent plenty of time on here last season asking our fans to give the then 3 young lads time to settle. I was not saying that because i am some footballing expert and can spot talent from a mile off. My love for Dijksteel was purely born out of the video on Youtube of him. Lad looked such an athlete. As for Bola it was simply because a number of clubs from championship wanted him, notably Brentford. I thought are all these teams wrong about him or is it just a case the lad needs some confidence. Even though Browne is not in team yet, the lad has enough talent to make it in this league and currently is a valuable person we can turn to if we are need something different.
×
×
  • Create New...