oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

Two massive must win away matches in the last week and Warnock has managed to get the lads up for it but not too scared to play. He’s had to deal with losing 2 centre backs this week and has made some big calls. Years of experience - I don’t think we would be safe without him. 

I think we would have pretty much been relegated by now if Woody was still in charge.  Think we would have been 8 or 9 points worse off. The latter would have relegated us with a Luton win tonight.  I am very glad Gibson acted  - although he should have done so much earlier. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

If Wigan get the deduction we'd be 5 clear of them, if you take Hull/Barnsley as gonners we look in decent shape for safety even removing Luton/Charlton/Hudds/Stoke from the scenario.

A QPR equaliser would be really, really nice though as it would all but assure us safety.

Luton just had a 2nd disallowed cmon QPR

I have to hold my hands up,i had given up on George Friend as a championship defender, He was magnificent this evening,

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I know that this is not technically the be all end all game but do any of you feel that this could be the season defining game?

I certainly do because whatever the result could impact not only us but others as well.

This is such an important game, in fact massive without appearing to be and well worthy of a seldom used phrase of mine.

Spot on observation and assessment there DS totally agree😑

Good game and deserved win and even "tunnel vision" Roberts showed he can score when there is no time to think about it.....great goal.

Defence played well and my mom is Dick Steel looked calm and composed.

I think we are safe now!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Good game and deserved win and even "tunnel vision" Roberts showed he can score when there is no time to think about it.....great goal.

Defence played well and my mom is *** Steel looked calm and composed.

I think we are safe now!

Barnsley play Leeds A, Forest H and Brentford A - They need at least 4 points to stay up and 9 points to finish above us .. 

Hull play Luton H and Cardiff A - They need at least 3 points to stay up and 6 points to finish above us ..

Charlton play Brum A, Wigan H and Leeds A - They need at least a point to stay up and at least 4 points to finish above us .. 

Luton play QPR H (1-0 so far) Hull Away and Blackburn H - They need 7 points to finish above us .. 

Birmingham play Charlton H, Preston A and Derby H - They need 2 points to finish above us - But if they win against Charlton, that would make it almost impossible for Charlton to finish above us .. 

And then there are still Stoke and Hudderfield who needs points to finish above us .. 

Please tell me a set of result that can send us to League 1? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Defence played well and my mom is *** Steel looked calm and composed.

I think we are safe now!

Your mom is what now? 😄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Barnsley play Leeds A, Forest H and Brentford A - They need at least 4 points to stay up and 9 points to finish above us .. 

Hull play Luton H and Cardiff A - They need at least 3 points to stay up and 6 points to finish above us ..

Charlton play Brum A, Wigan H and Leeds A - They need at least a point to stay up and at least 4 points to finish above us .. 

Luton play QPR H (1-0 so far) Hull Away and Blackburn H - They need 7 points to finish above us .. 

Birmingham play Charlton H, Preston A and Derby H - They need 2 points to finish above us - But if they win against Charlton, that would make it almost impossible for Charlton to finish above us .. 

And then there are still Stoke and Hudderfield who needs points to finish above us .. 

Please tell me a set of result that can send us to League 1? 

Charlton beat Birmingham and draw with Wigan...

Luton beat QPR, Hull and draw with Blackburn. 

Birmingham win one of their last two. 

Stoke get one more point.

Huddersfield win one more game. 

We lose our last two. 

I wonder if CT is calculating like a maniac right now, to find a way to make me look like a fool 😛❤️ 

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by funk

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Charlton beat Birmingham and draw with Wigan...

Luton beat QPR, Hull and draw with Blackburn. 

Birmingham win one of their last two. 

Stoke get one more point.

Huddersfield win one more game. 

We lose our last two. 

good luck with that GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

QPR EQUALISE 😀😀😀😀

9 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Your mom is what now? 😄

Oh you are naughty.............but I like you!

• Thanks 1

• Latest Posts

• So you're absolutely 100% fine with the topic people are actually discussing in the thread, the same topic people have been discussing over the course of at least 2 years. No problems there at all, we've had numerous different levels of feelings on this as it's quite a broad topic, we discuss the benefits of his tenure as chairman and the mistakes he's made which have taken us from good positions to bad positions. And as with every discussion, you'll get some who are wholeheartedly for one side of the discussion or the other and are beyond reasoning with, that is not something new in any form of discussion on this forum either. Your entire problem with this appears to be with the thread title and the use of the word abolish. So I say we abolish you. Do you care? I suspect you actually don't because I also suspect you recognise that it's a joke. I don't literally want you forcefully removed from the forum. Just as I suspect nobody wants Gibson literally taken to the gallows, to the guillotine, burnt alive, whatever you are taking from this word. You recognise it's something made in jest and still have a problem with it. I suspect even club officials who read this forum are aware it's a bloody joke, mate.
    • 6 or 7 bottles of it and you'll have a banging headache that makes you wish you were abolished! 
    • You won't be the first person to ask for that on here! 
    • We had people on here complaining about not being invited to fans forums and we regularly get people on here looking down their noses at other forums.  Then we have a thread about abolishing the chairman, I'm not sure you can have it both ways.  Why don't one of you go to a fans forum and ask if the chairman should be abolished? Or stand with a placard outside the ground with the same message and see what response you get.  Even though the person posting the title is doing it in jest I don't think its a good look for the forum either.  Gibson's decision making hasn't been great, I've criticised him as much as anyone on here. Its a completely valid discussion to be had. But you can't paint yourselves as being morally superior to other message boards then post a topic about abolishing the chairman.