oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

What I loved about the first goal was having 4 players in the box and 3 lurking around it and for the 2nd having 5 players in the box.

• Like 4

Just now, SmogDane said:

That draw is a massive result for us .. Imagine how Charlton fans are reacting atm ... 😄

Cardiff winning now, might be good for us ..  

The only teams we need to be concerned about are those below us we will give Cardiff a good game and happy if it is a draw, we only need 1 point if that!

7 minutes ago, juninho9 said:

Is that two they've had disallowed now?

image.gif.3c770bf7ae2ce22ca77c74cef8d0af2b.gif

Just now, estonpidge said:

Could do with a Wednesday goal

I’m happy enough with a Two for Tuesday deal 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

Could do with a Wednesday goal

I'm happy with just our two Tuesday goals

Just now, Uwe said:

I’m happy enough with a Two for Tuesday deal 😉

Beaten to it 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

We can arrange The Stay Up Party at my place .. Here the spacing is only 1 meter or yard or whatever you guys prefer

Its a long way to Middelfart though...

(No, I totally didn't look that up on Google maps...)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Its a long way to Middelfart though...

(No, I totally didn't look that up on Google maps...)

It means Average Speed in Danish though, but it's hillarious for English speaking folks 😜

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

What do you mean NB we ARE safe!

That was my super duper positive statement just for @Blanco

Thank you Alan, that’s what I like to see. I really don’t know what all the fuss was about 😎

Finished 1-1. I honestly think we're safe now. Can't see any of those in the bottom 3 winning all their games

• Like 2

• Latest Posts

• It’s come to my attention that I can spout *** after a Sunday evening skin full. It’s not even interesting ***. Apologies.
    • I was of that opinion for a while, but I shifted when I realised all ps4 games will be compatible with ps5 as well as getting a significant boost for many. So to me it makes sense to play the best possible version of these games now rather than wait a year or two to try to get the ps5 for 50 quid cheaper. If there was no backwards compatibility I probably would have waited.
    • If I were a pessimist I'd say that 3 points are essential in this so I'd be predicting a 2-1 loss in typical Boro fashion... Although as a self proclaimed optimist I'll say a tough grindy 2-1 in our favour!
    • The thread title is probably my fault - as @Changing Times says, I'd posted a thread asking if it was time to abolish the FA. Maybe we need to keep that thread at the top of the board, so the correlation between that one and this is more obvious? Then again, apart from the title, nothing that's been said over the last four pages would come as a surprise to anyone at MFC. It's not like we're talking about chasing SG out of town with pitchforks, or hanging an effigy of him from the Transporter Bridge. Everyone knows what we achieved in the Noughties, but there's been one misstep after another for over a decade. That needs scrutinising, and our supine local press clearly isn't up to the job. Incidentally, since people in positions of authority apparently read this forum, I'd like to say hello to anyone at Red Bull who's reading this. Your drinks are excellent, and we would be delighted if you bought our club. Pleeeeease?
    • Considering we've had to play the top four sides, with a paper-thin squad and none of our transfer deadline day targets plus several injuries in key positions, I think we've started really well. Even the best managers need time to work their magic - Aitor tightened us up defensively almost straight away (as has Warnock), but it takes far longer to work on attacking flair, intuitive passing and clever set-pieces. Also, the team's confidence will be rising with every battling draw, sneaky win and clean sheet. I've seen mediocre teams on paper go on incredible runs because confidence is high and so winning becomes a habit. I wouldn't bet against us becoming one of the league's form teams as the season progresses, especially if we can sign a CB, LWB and CF in January.