Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm going for a 0-0 

I am soo apprehensive about this game I would take that mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our only saving grace is that it's away from home.

Although it's in a stadium that looks like ours, so maybe that might make them think they're playing at home and give up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ever the score this will be the season defining game simpy have to win becuase the lad and I want to take Teddy to Wycombe next season!

Good grief if that is not enough incentive I do not know what else it could be!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

 

You'd both go with Roberts at wing back?  For real?  Very ballsy

 

Well I know he's a winger, rather than a wing-back, but I just felt we needed more attacking threat (hence the 3 CBs).

I feel our best chance now seems to be to put early pressure on and score first. Put opponents on the back foot and we don't have to worry about defending so much (in theory anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brunners said:

Our only saving grace is that it's away from home.

Although it's in a stadium that looks like ours, so maybe that might make them think they're playing at home and give up.

And they've won 1 in 12 at home, so we're not talking about an impossible task here! Having said that, I'd shake someone's hand for a point right now.

I see a lot of Reading and Puscas, Meite, Ejaria are really good on their day... They can also go missing and be frustratingly poor. Reading have nothing to play for, so we have to outcompete in every area we can and not make stupid mistakes. 

Roberts and/or Tav have to play for me, we're too one-paced and have no link to midfield and attack without them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we have to win this evening,can see Wigan & Luton winning comfortably, 0-1,Britt,😎😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

And they've won 1 in 12 at home, so we're not talking about an impossible task here! Having said that, I'd shake someone's hand for a point right now.

I see a lot of Reading and Puscas, Meite, Ejaria are really good on their day... They can also go missing and be frustratingly poor. Reading have nothing to play for, so we have to outcompete in every area we can and not make stupid mistakes. 

Roberts and/or Tav have to play for me, we're too one-paced and have no link to midfield and attack without them.

agree with all of it. Must win today IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-0 Reading. It’ll be easy for them and we will crumble as soon as they break out of walking pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would change things around a bit add a little bit of ooomph to the midfield 4-3-1-2

 

stojanovic

Spence

Fry

Shotton

Coulson

Clayton

Howson

Roberts

Saville

Fletcher

Assombalonga

I’d give Roberts a free role to play behind the front 2, Clayton sitting deep and Howson and Saville as box to box m/f’s pressing forward when possible or covering in behind as and when the full backs press forward. Take the game to Reading from the off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that this is not technically the be all end all game but do any of you feel that this could be the season defining game?

I certainly do because whatever the result could impact not only us but others as well.

This is such an important game, in fact massive without appearing to be and well worthy of a seldom used phrase of mine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I know that this is not technically the be all end all game but do any of you feel that this could be the season defining game?

I certainly do becuase whatever the result could impact not only us but others as well.

This is such an important game, in fact massive without appearing to be and well worthy of a seldom used phrase of mine.

I feel like our season-defining game was Hull DS... and we lost it. That was the definition of a must-not-lose game... the players totally bottled it and made some shocking mistakes. Will never get an easier shot at 3 points in this league.

Win that and we're not totally safe but we're not going into the last straight panicking either - plus Hull would have been on the brink. If we go down, that's the one I'll look at as the season-definer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well hopefully as Reading have nothing much to play for and is no fans at the stadium to even motivate them. That Boro will somehow by a minor mirical get a 1-0 win with a Reading defender scoring a own goal from a corner 🥳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

2-0 Reading. It’ll be easy for them and we will crumble as soon as they break out of walking pace. 

That is, sadly, the most likely scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...