Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

Recommended Posts

It is a must win game, because we are absolutely shocking at home but I just feel this will be a 1-1 draw. I am hoping that Warnock goes for a bit of pace in the side, and if your looking for a goal in midfield then McNair and Savilles goal contribution are as rare as rocking horse ***, so for me Tav should be starting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see us tweak the pulis 532 into an aggressive conte 343 -

Stoj

Fry shotton friend 

Spence howson clayton Johnson

Roberts britt tav

Were desperately missing creativity and a link from midfield. Having the two wide forwards drop deep and joining britt in the box while the two wing backs provide the width would be far more potent and not expose us too much when falling back to defend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

It is a must win game, because we are absolutely shocking at home but I just feel this will be a 1-1 draw. I am hoping that Warnock goes for a bit of pace in the side, and if your looking for a goal in midfield then McNair and Savilles goal contribution are as rare as rocking horse ***, so for me Tav should be starting.

I agree this is a must-win game, as we aren't going to get a sniff against Cardiff and I can't see us turning over Wednesday at their place. Think this is actually our last realistic chance of getting points this season.

I don't think Tav has actually scored many goals this season (had him at 3 at the last count) but he does seem to make things happen, so would have him starting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4231 for me

Pears

Spence

Shotton

Fry

Coulson

Howson

McNair

Tav

Wing

Roberts 

Britt/ Fletcher 

 

Not that team has a hope of starting. We will see Friend plod along and cost us with Johnson on the left whilst Saville and McNair try to be most ineffective Midfield pairing ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I agree this is a must-win game, as we aren't going to get a sniff against Cardiff and I can't see us turning over Wednesday at their place. Think this is actually our last realistic chance of getting points this season.

I don't think Tav has actually scored many goals this season (had him at 3 at the last count) but he does seem to make things happen, so would have him starting.

Imagine if Garry Monk can relegate us by beating us in that last game. I don't know if I could handle that.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Imagine if Garry Monk can relegate us by beating us in that last game. I don't know if I could handle that.

You're getting hysterical now, 3 games ahead of yourself.

You've not only wet the bed, you've $hit the bed too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Imagine if Garry Monk can relegate us by beating us in that last game. I don't know if I could handle that.

I hadn’t even considered that. Sweet Jesus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird to think that a win tonight and a few losses elsewhere could put us 5 points clear of relegation places tonight with just 2 games left. But... a few bad results including losing tonight means we could be in bottom three by Thursday. How exciting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'd like to see us tweak the pulis 532 into an aggressive conte 343 -

Stoj

Fry shotton friend 

Spence howson clayton Johnson

Roberts britt tav

Were desperately missing creativity and a link from midfield. Having the two wide forwards drop deep and joining britt in the box while the two wing backs provide the width would be far more potent and not expose us too much when falling back to defend

You’ve convinced me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, juninho9 said:

Weird to think that a win tonight and a few losses elsewhere could put us 5 points clear of relegation places tonight with just 2 games left. But... a few bad results including losing tonight means we could be in bottom three by Thursday. How exciting! 

Scientists claim fear and excitement trigger the same chemical reactions in the brain. If that's true, I am full of excitement about tonight's match and our prospects of reaching League One.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Scientists claim fear and excitement trigger the same chemical reactions in the brain. If that's true, I am full of excitement about tonight's match and our prospects of reaching League One.

Haha, I was being sarcastic but I now feel the same excitement rooted in fear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

You're getting hysterical now, 3 games ahead of yourself.

You've not only wet the bed, you've $hit the bed too.

I'm merely pointing out mate that it's a realistic possibility. Are you claiming it isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juninho9 said:

Weird to think that a win tonight and a few losses elsewhere could put us 5 points clear of relegation places tonight with just 2 games left. But... a few bad results including losing tonight means we could be in bottom three by Thursday. How exciting! 

Yes this relegation battle is far better than mid table mediocrity,  we'd have just been going through the  motions on here rather than panicking and bricking it :classic_smile:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yes this relegation battle is far better than mid table mediocrity,  we'd have just been going through the  motions on here rather than panicking and bricking it :classic_smile:

Oh yes i feel so much better for it!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im feeling quite positive about tonight, just want to see the teams announced. Hopefully see Tav starting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...