oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

20 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yeh Cardiff are still going for the play offs if they're on their game then I can only see a Boro defeat.

Only small hope v Cardiff is yesterday Warnock after the game said "i watched Cardiff game last night and even thought they lost 2 nil i knew exactly how 10 of the cardiff players wer going to perform and I was right. I not got that here yet". 

Only small hope v Reading is they boss said for next 3 games team who puts out will be based on having one eye on next season but that could result in us be surprised by them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Only small hope v Cardiff is yesterday Warnock after the game said "i watched Cardiff game last night and even thought they lost 2 nil i knew exactly how 10 of the cardiff players wer going to perform and I was right. I not got that here yet". 

Only small hope v Reading is they boss said for next 3 games team who puts out will be based on having one eye on next season but that could result in us be surprised by them.

Well small hope is better than no hope.

Yep we need the 3 points here. This is a must win IMO. Anything less than that takes relegation out of our hands and puts it firmly down to whether the teams below us continue their form.

Well, everything about this says we should be looking at another loss.

Reading are unbeaten in their last 3 games. Positive goal difference. Fairly even mix of wins, draws & defeats.

But based on our recent performances & results, Boro appear to be a rather different prospect away from home.

So basically our season hinges on whether or not Warnock can again figure out a way of negating the hosts' attacking threat and us scoring first. IF we can do that, we certainly have a chance. If Reading score first...expect a replay of the Bristol game.

Quite honestly though, we are so flaky right now that I no longer have any confidence that our "away advantage" will pay off. Prediction: Reading 2 - 0 Boro

We struggle against these sort of side who can pass a football about. But hopefully can scrape a draw as honestly I think 2 draws will be enough to stay up! Atleast it's away though we seem to somehow play better away

• Like 1

Reading have nothing to play for, we have everything to play for.

Just got to hope that Reading are on their beach chairs, and our defence cuts out their mistakes.

Win and we're safe, lose and the agony continues.

• Like 4

Stojanovic

Shotton Fry Friend

Dijksteel Howson Clayton Marvin

Roberts

Fletch Britt

I gone for Dijksteel over spence just for some fresh legs down the right.

Clayton n Howson might seem defensive but i feel we need that against a passing Reading team. Plus them 3 up front and width from out wide should hopefully provide us with something going forward.

In terms of result. Even at my maximum optimism i only see a draw unfortunately.

46 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I suppose another positive is that we've already beaten them this season.

Yeah we did. Think we were fortunate as Randolph pulled off a couple good saves in last 10mins if i recall.

4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, everything about this says we should be looking at another loss.

Reading are unbeaten in their last 3 games. Positive goal difference. Fairly even mix of wins, draws & defeats.

But based on our recent performances & results, Boro appear to be a rather different prospect away from home.

So basically our season hinges on whether or not Warnock can again figure out a way of negating the hosts' attacking threat and us scoring first. IF we can do that, we certainly have a chance. If Reading score first...expect a replay of the Bristol game.

Quite honestly though, we are so flaky right now that I no longer have any confidence that our "away advantage" will pay off. Prediction: Reading 2 - 0 Boro

The only thing I can think of with regard to our last 2 home performances, is perhaps its the thought of the crowd getting on their backs:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

I wonder why Coulson isn't getting a look in at the moment. I would have always had him ahead of Johnson in every aspect of the game.

We need to find a way of playing a more passing game. Roberts was very disappointing last time out.

I think Wing, Tav, Coulson, Fletcher and Assombalonga all need to start.

And I think Pears needs bringing back

Pears

Friend

Fry

Shotton

Coulson

Spence

Howson

Tavernier

Fletcher

Wing

Assombalonga

Would like to see some version of:

Pears/Stojanovic                                                           Pears/Stojanovic

Spence/Dijksteel*   Fry         Shotton      Coulson              Spence/Dijksteel*    Fry   Shotton     Coulson

McNair          Howson       Tavernier                                    McNair    Howson  Tavernier

Roberts      Assombalonga    Fletcher                                                  Wing/Roberts

Assombalonga           Fletcher

*Depending on fitness/sharpness

I think we're more likely to see some version of what we saw on Saturday but with maybe the odd change or two.