oneBoro Forum

Boro v Reading (A) 2-1(Fletcher, ROBERTS)

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Would like to see some version of:

Pears/Stojanovic                                                           Pears/Stojanovic

Spence/Dijksteel*   Fry         Shotton      Coulson              Spence/Dijksteel*    Fry   Shotton     Coulson

McNair          Howson       Tavernier                                    McNair    Howson  Tavernier

Roberts      Assombalonga    Fletcher                                                  Wing/Roberts

Assombalonga           Fletcher

*Depending on fitness/sharpness

I think we're more likely to see some version of what we saw on Saturday but with maybe the odd change or two.

Both of your line-ups are decent, would definitely have Coulson and Tav in, Wing is always capable of pulling a goal out, but there's times you have to look twice to see if he's still on the pitch, the game just seems to pass him by. 

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ If anyone doubts that the players care 

I want Warnock I also want him as manager next season

I’m drunk and I love this. This is the best I’ve felt about boro in ages. And that’s saying something because there’s not a lot of sunshine. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Both of your line-ups are decent, would definitely have Coulson and Tav in, Wing is always capable of pulling a goal out, but there's times you have to look twice to see if he's still on the pitch, the game just seems to pass him by. 

Wing is a tricky one.  I would only ever play him in an advanced position myself, which is why he's in there behind the front two, but could easily give Roberts a go there instead.  I'm just not sure if Roberts has ever played there before?

possibly initiated by St.Etienne as French season starts in just over a month ....and as they were near the bottom of the League last season, they might have decided to call him back....but just conjecture

56 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I would also say that Moukoudi would have probably been in my team as well, had he still been here.  No idea what has gone on there, all seems odd to me.

Not exactly Warnocks type of CB is he. 

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

possibly initiated by St.Etienne as French season starts in just over a month ....and as they were near the bottom of the League last season, they might have decided to call him back....but just conjecture

Sorry, I meant the fact that he only played the once since the restart and when he did it was in midfield, more than the early recall, although I suspect the fact he now isn't here is somehow linked to the first part of that.

16 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

This will be the game that puts the nail in the coffin for us. 

Can't quite agree with you but certainly having strength and desire to win the final two will be severely hampered.

Would have gone to this game our track record is pretty good at The Mad Stad and would have finally met Brunners!

After the BC showing who knows what to expect but I think we will see a better performance ending in a draw (possibly the last thing we need)

It is vital that we come away with something from this game as I do not expect us to get anything after it.

Huddersfield might scrape 1 point from their remaining fixtures.

Charlton are capable of picking up 3 points.

Hull could get 2 or 3 points. (The Hull v Luton game is going to be crucial for us I think.)

Luton are as inconsistent as we are but are capable of picking up at least 3 points.

Barnsley  will need a miracle to get anything else.

So I think a point for us could just see us safe, if only on goal difference.

I would go for the same line up as the Millwall game but perhaps drop Paddy for Tav.

I really would not be disappointed if we just parked the bus. As long as we come away with a point.

IVE STILL GOT JUST ABOUT ENOUGH FAITH TO BELIEVE WE WILL CLICK IN ONE OF THE 3 GAMES, WHICH ONE? ANYONES GUESS, BUT WE WONT CLICK IN ALL 3 , HOLD ON TIGHT FOLKS ITS GONNA BE A ROLLERCOASTER. 

• Like 2

Would like to see us line up something like this. Think its a decent balance of defensive cover (though Friend is always a worry) and attacking threat.

Still think attack is the best form of defence (even in our state) and if we can put early pressure on the hosts and create some chances for Britt & Fletch, they just might put one away (or even the long-range artillery of Wing). Which then makes it a little easier to manage the game.

That said, I still expect Reading to be too good for us. But we seem to play with a bit more freedom away from home, so we need a system & players that can exploit that.

Reading v Boro 14 07 20.PNG

• Like 1

Tavernier to start surely...

Something along the lines of 

Stoj

Fry shotton friend

Spence.             Marvin can't drop me johnson

Howson

McNair.              Tav

Britt                    Fletch

• Like 1

I've got a completely Radical Idea,Can we please play the BEST 11 we have, in the the positions they are best at      There's only a handful of games left...Bristol city our bench was stronger than our side on the pitch...Don't care how Tired they were, our place in the Championship is at stake... If anyone is not up for these games they should be nowhere near the squad, let alone the team...If anyone is not prepared to shed blood for the cause,send em home to have a think

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Would like to see us line up something like this. Think its a decent balance of defensive cover (though Friend is always a worry) and attacking threat.

Still think attack is the best form of defence (even in our state) and if we can put early pressure on the hosts and create some chances for Britt & Fletch, they just might put one away (or even the long-range artillery of Wing). Which then makes it a little easier to manage the game.

That said, I still expect Reading to be too good for us. But we seem to play with a bit more freedom away from home, so we need a system & players that can exploit that.

Reading v Boro 14 07 20.PNG

I'd go with that side

• Thanks 1