oneBoro Forum

Goodbye Ryan Shotton and thank you?

With all of the build up and excitement of yesterday gave little time to discuss the announcement of Ryan Shotton leaving the club and declaring he is moving onto a new opportunity.

With Covid 19 obviously no opportunity to wave goodbye to the fans though I am sure there must be twitter comments circulating from him.

Thanks for your time and effort playing for MFC Ryan and personally I wish you well moving on.

You are my grandson's favourite player and you were brilliant with him when he went to see Boro for the first time, but he is a growing lad and knows he will not see you again in a Boro shirt and his attitude was "oh well".

Personally I thought Shotton was a decent enough player and think he would have improved more under Warnock as there were signs with his last two performances.

However he wanted away, can't blame him so all in all best of luck to you

• Like 6

I thought Ryan Shotton was all about the long throws and I think it’s only recently watching him that I appreciate him for being a good defender. In the centre when not on the right he does really well. It’s a shame that he’s moving on, but another player who I don’t think we got the best out of whilst at the Boro. 

A limited defender with at least one heart in mouth mistake a game in him, but what he did do he did very well. Can't fault him for dipping out a little early if he was as wrecked as Warnock was suggesting he was. 

That's a lot of money saved however, so best for both parties. Wish you all the best Ryan Shotton!

Always did a job for us, and never hid.

Wasn't amazing but he was a decent signing, now we look like staying up I can wish him well in his departure.

I can't blame him if he really was battered.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Always did a job for us, and never hid.

Wasn't amazing but he was a decent signing, now we look like staying up I can wish him well in his departure.

I can't blame him if he really was battered.

An honest assessment of a player who least was always committed when he played.

A limited player who always had a rick in him, but he tried his best and was easily our best defender after Ayala (though I realise that's damning with faint praise). Plus, the long throws were a useful weapon, and he rarely complained about being played out of his best position of CB.

I totally understand him wanting to move back to the Midlands - if your heart's not in a particular part of the world, you'll never feel completely at home there.

We really need Friend and Fry to rediscover past form now we've lost Ayala, Shotton and Moukoudi in the space of a month. Or - and here's a radical thought - we could sign new players from a division higher than League One?

• Like 1

Shame to see him go. I thought he was one of our better CBs. But he has to do what he feels is right. If there are better opportunities out there, you can't blame him.

Wish him all the best...just hope he doesn't end up playing against us any time soon.