oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-3 (Assombalonga)

1 hour ago, BoroAbroad said:

Tav for McNair would be the only change I would like to see.

I can't see anything but defeat if I am honest. What will count is by how many goals. Damage limitation is a must. That goal difference could be very important going into the final game of the season.

Boro V Cardiff. Away win

Hudds V WBA. Away win

Charlton V Wigan. Away win

Stoke V Brentford. Away win

Hull V Luton. Away win

PNE V B'ham. Home win

A lot is going to depend on what Boro turns up. But looking at the other fixtures I don't expect much change at the bottom of the table. Though I do see Luton gaining some ground which could make the final game of the season a very nervy affair for all involved.

I would be very happy if we just shut up shop and got a point from this. Then I believe the weight challenged lady can burst a lung.

As a footnote. I disagree with DS. 😉 I do think this game falls into that category. Because the results for other teams this weekend will very much influence what sides those teams in the play off positions put out on the last day.

B'ham V Derby. Derby will have nothing to play for so a good opportunity for B'ham.

Cardiff V Hull.  Cardiff may be secure in a play off place so will field a weakened side.

Millwall V Hudd's. Millwall could be suffering a hangover from missing out on the play offs.

Forest V Stoke. Same scenario as Cardiff.

Luton V Blackburn. Luton could very well win this.

A lot of permutations I know. But we are not safe yet. We need a point from this game or it could be a real nail biter next week. The only guarantee is that Monk will throw everything at us.

Lots of if's and but's there BA, but we will not be going into the final fixture of the season causing damage to your finger nails!

Will be interesting tonight if Barnsley are confirmed as relegated or Leeds promoted (they can be is that correct?)

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to poke in. Do us a favour and take all the points, you know you want them. We could be 6th by Saturday afternoon, not that is of interest to you.  Neil Harris still respected in our n

That's the impression I got too. If it is the case, sad way for it to end like, he deserves better than this 😞

Britt pictured after missing an easy chance. Britt pictured after being told his pet dog has died Britt pictured whilst talking about Coronvirus Britt pictured seeing an

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Lots of if's and but's there BA, but we will not be going into the final fixture of the season causing damage to your finger nails!

Will be interesting tonight if Barnsley are confirmed as relegated or Leeds promoted (they can be is thaat correct?)

I don’t think that Leeds can get promoted tonight. It would put them 5 ahead of West Brom and 6 ahead of Brentford with 2 to play. Brentford have better goal difference so it would be a very funny position for Leeds to fall apart from 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Will be interesting tonight if Barnsley are confirmed as relegated or Leeds promoted (they can be is thaat correct?)

Yes I believe it will be. I did not mention Barnsley as I fully expect them to be done for after tonight.

4 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Yes I believe it will be. I did not mention Barnsley as I fully expect them to be done for after tonight.

Let's hope not!

Would absolutely love a Barnsley win.

Interesting interview with Warnock here ahead of the game:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-interview-cardiff-city-18604073.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Funny when he gets talking about Glatzel and him scoring a hat trick against us putting an extra couple million on his pricetag he also confirms the rumours at the time that we were also in for him. What exactly we'd have done with a 6 foot 4 striker I don't know but a clue at how scattershot and impulsive our 'strategy' was last summer.

21 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Has anybody been clever enough to work out the permutations that COULD relegate us? So I can torture myself and worry. 

Last min equaliser from Hull against Luton will seal our fate anyway.

27 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Has anybody been clever enough to work out the permutations that COULD relegate us? So I can torture myself and worry. 

It would be very difficult.

Essentially, one of Hull or Luton are going down, they can't both catch us, the last spot we would need to lose both games AND have all of Charlton, Huddersfield, whoever isn't relegated out of Hull/Luton & Wigan to pick up enough points to hit 50 at least.

Not impossible, but unlikely. 

The maximum points the teams can reach are thus:

Barnsley - 49
Luton - 51
Hull - 51
Wigan - 51
Charlton - 53
Huddersfield - 54

BUT, as we noted, Luton & Hull play each other AND Charlton & Wigan play each other. 
Wigan, Luton & Hull all need to take 6 points out of 6 to jump above us. Charlton & Huddersfield can both leap frog us with just 3 points (Charlton have a 1 better GD than us atm).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

We could go into administration

We could be found guilty of being caught in a match fixing scandal which explains the form this season 😏

Assuming we dont get another point, Luton and Hull have to win their games, Charlton need a win. Huddersfield need at least 2 points and of a 4 goal swing Birmingham need to better our results including a 5 goal swing. Wigan to not get a points deduction or win both their games. 

The season could be decided on a raffle

Magic

We go out of business

World War 3 kicks off but the FA have decided we could have fielded a team during the crisis and deduct us the points. 

I may have missed a couple of scenarios.

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

We could go into administration

We could be found guilty of being caught in a match fixing scandal which explains the form this season 😏

Assuming we dont get another point, Luton and Hull have to win their games, Charlton need a win. Huddersfield need at least 2 points and of a 4 goal swing Birmingham need to better our results including a 5 goal swing. Wigan to not get a points deduction or win both their games. 

The season could be decided on a raffle

Magic

We go out of business

World War 3 kicks off but the FA have decided we could have fielded a team during the crisis and deduct us the points. 

I may have missed a couple of scenarios.

Again worth noting that Luton and Hull cannot both jump above us. It's one or the other.