• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to poke in. Do us a favour and take all the points, you know you want them. We could be 6th by Saturday afternoon, not that is of interest to you.  Neil Harris still respected in our n

That's the impression I got too. If it is the case, sad way for it to end like, he deserves better than this 😞

Britt pictured after missing an easy chance. Britt pictured after being told his pet dog has died Britt pictured whilst talking about Coronvirus Britt pictured seeing an

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He's also one goal away from being the only striker to have scored double figures in the championship for 4 years in a row. 

It still doesnt absolve him from criticism. He hasnt been what we thought we had paid for.

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He's also one goal away from being the only striker to have scored double figures in the championship for 4 years in a row. 

That's largely because the better strikers move on to the Premier League before they get the chance.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Well when he misses  a chance he smiles and laughs so it doesn't matter what he does 😉

At last you are correct.haha. I dont like him as a player as you can tell, but I hope he proves me wrong and scores to win us the game today.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

It still doesnt absolve him from criticism. He hasnt been what we thought we had paid for.

Did I say it does? Simply pointing out a fact. He hasn't been  worth 15mil but he's not been absolutely useless either, even in very negative teams playing not to his strengths, and is still worth a decent amount for clubs at this level. Some people don't get that

He has been a dreadful signing. Huge fee, moderate goal return, and half arsed attitude.

His and the other waste of money Fletchers wages are why we are still shopping in the bargain bin.

Wells cost 5m, Grabban cost 6m. Two players who Britt cant lace the boots of and still had change.

In Britt’s defence, he has been played on his own under Pulis for a season and a half and in a Woodgate car crash. He has missed some sitters but I’d argue and say has he really been played in his preferred position (with a partner) with a creative midfield behind him? 
He has his limitations of course, and I personally think we paid too much for him anyway (post ACL), but he has been okay. He doesn’t warrant the 15m price tag and his performances have been iffy, but I think he hasn’t exactly been getting regular service for him to net more. 

Hopefully he scores today because I do like him and I think if he was to move on it would add some resale value to him. Id take 7-8m from a Norwich for example. 

• Like 1

You have to build a team for Britt, whereas most managers now prefer the centreforward to play for the team. If Warnock can get the team to provide him with 4 or 5 chances a game he will probably score one. Our team can't do that at present. If he had cost us £5m I would still have been disappointed with his contribution up to now. We can all say how good he might be if he is played in a certain formation but that is meaningless if the manager does not play that way. A player who is living on his reputation from years ago when football wasn't as technical as it is now. 

I would dearly love a point today. That would (I think) guarantee safety for us.  I really don't want it to go to the last game, because I'm concerned that we would fall apart under the pressure whilst other teams would rise to the occasion. 

Britt does well when he has the ball player through so he can run in behind. At Boro the magority of the time he's had the ball huffed up to him and he's expected to head it which he can't do well.