oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-3 (Assombalonga)

10 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Having seen Brian Clough play at Ayresome Park, I find it more than a touch terrifying that a centre forward is considered a success by reaching 10 goals a season for the last 4 seasons in the second tier. Clough's record was almost a goal a game over 200 games! Nearer 40 a season, he will certainly be telling Jack Charlton that now as well as Don Revie.

Aye I can just imagine it Cloughie looking up at our Jack and saying "I'll have you know young man".. 😄

Sorry to say after supporting the Boro since the late 60's all things must come to an end and this is it as far has I can see for me. Totally peeved at the mess we are in and I cannot carry on seeing this week after week.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to poke in. Do us a favour and take all the points, you know you want them. We could be 6th by Saturday afternoon, not that is of interest to you.  Neil Harris still respected in our n

That's the impression I got too. If it is the case, sad way for it to end like, he deserves better than this 😞

Britt pictured after missing an easy chance. Britt pictured after being told his pet dog has died Britt pictured whilst talking about Coronvirus Britt pictured seeing an

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Assombalonga's goal ensures that we can't end up having scored less than a goal a game this season.

Woooooo.

God, I've hated this season.

46 goals this season (so far) and 49 goals last season.  Assuming we avoid relegation this season, I wonder if there has ever been a team to stay up scoring so few goals over two seasons in a row?  I wouldn't have thought it was that common to only score in the 40's anyway over a 46 goal season.  To manage it twice in a row is some achievement.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Tav was by far our best player on the pitch today. Can't help but wonder whether if he started some more games this season we may have already been safe by now

I'd be surprised if he's our player next season.  If I was looking to buy someone from us it would either be him or Spence.

• Like 1

Warnock's 2 Championship seasons at Cardiff they got 60 (16/17) and 69 (17/18) goals respectively if he gets our goals into the 60s and tightens up the other end that's what it's all about would be an upgrade on the number of goals Pulis gave us.

5 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Aye I can just imagine it Cloughie looking up at our Jack and saying "I'll have you know young man".. 😄

Sorry to say after supporting the Boro since the late 60's all things must come to an end and this is it as far has I can see for me. Totally peeved at the mess we are in and I cannot carry on seeing this week after week.

I know where you are coming from. I was just thinking how far we have fallen in recent years. It's leading up to pre 86 all over again.

Just please let us sign some exciting attacking players this summer, so sick of the George Saville signings and links to Gary Madine, etc 

20 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Tav was by far our best player on the pitch today. Can't help but wonder whether if he started some more games this season we may have already been safe by now

I doubt it, with Mcnair, Howson and Saville behind him. 

30 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

You could say the exact same thing about our fixture against Wednesday. Not to mention we’ve won our last 3 away games. You’ve just proven my point about people not looking from both sides equally.

This is a Wednesday side that took us to the cleaners at the Riverside, and looked like scoring every time they went forward, but I'm speaking as a supporter whose watched us over the years not been able to do it when we've had to and sat in a motorway service station or a pub drowning my sorrows afterwards, so lets hope we buck the trend and your right and I'm wrong.

18 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Has anyone any idea when the Wigan appeal is gonna be held?.Shocking defending today,midfield mot much better,Nmecha wouldnt get a game for Cork City,

And that’s even after John Caulfield’s glory reign 😀